Has Anyone Here Tested the SD1A203T-GN Yet (2MP 3x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera)?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
quick correction to my post above. i did not see the 90 deg, just the 180 flip in the specification sheet.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If it can be mounted vertically, flush against the wall, then this would be a win. I can't stand a mount that sticks out too much. :)

that looks to be the fixed lens version (PT no Z) of the 203, which should be fine for some testing.

@Arjun , what would be the issue mounting vertically? It looks to have plenty of range of motion in all three axis and the image can flip 180 and 90.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it possible to mount it with the dome upwards? I am thinking about using this as a second weather cam.
How many degrees can the cam tilt up and down?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to mount it with the dome upwards? I am thinking about using this as a second weather cam.
How many degrees can the cam tilt up and down?
It probably isn't designed to handle rain from that angle and the more direct sunlight would cause the dome to degrade faster.

Something like this: PTZ1A225U-IRA-N
PTZ1A225U-IRA-N would be better suited though more expensive.

Last edited:

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow, this looks perfect for this usage. Unless a weather cam doesn't needs auto tracking, I never saw this cam before. Maybe because it's an American market version?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, this looks perfect for this usage. Unless a weather cam doesn't needs auto tracking, I never saw this cam before. Maybe because it's an American market version?
Its somewhat expensive and fairly new. There is a thread on it: PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight
This camera is in the category they call 'positioning systems' which is probably why you never noticed it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Its somewhat expensive and fairly new. There is a thread on it: PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight
This camera is in the category they call 'positioning systems' which is probably why you never noticed it.
2 guys booked, hope they can post some videos here, i think have to wait around 1 month, new year holiday starts here very soon. 14 days!! There is no guy working at dahua during this time, esp the assemble guys. :facepalm:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
He is referring to
SD1A203T-GN

:)

Reaction score
SD1A203T-GN i mean this one, lol. Seems Whole Feb, dahua no production...So should be ready at Early March.
Andy - Do you have any pricing info on this camera yet? This is another one I am really interested in, and need to plan ahead with the finances. Probably would go for 2. You are killing me with all these new cameras coming out. But it's a fun way to go!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy - Do you have any pricing info on this camera yet? This is another one I am really interested in, and need to plan ahead with the finances. Probably would go for 2. You are killing me with all these new cameras coming out. But it's a fun way to go!
Price around 170usd via DHL, i have to calculate this one when i get them, i don't know the dimension details till i get them. 10TH-25TH.Feb, all guys no work here, so dahua can ready them in early March.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Andy for your reply
So it is ok to use PFB203W with SD1A203T-GN as @BillG did ??

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera mounts to a metal plate with keyholes.
mount.gif

I think the camera is wider than the PFB203W.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I put it up on the 203w just to test it temporarily, only with one screw on the plate to the mount. But I think I'm going to leave it that way cuz the cam is light and 40 mph winds haven't moved it. I've had it up since Nov. under an eave. I'm not recommending to mount it that way, just that it's possible. And the mount they recommend is the same one you get with my SD49225T PTZ, which I think is overkill for this light of cam. But you'd have to keep it out of the weather also cuz rain or snow would get in.

upload_2018-3-7_12-35-20.png

Last edited: