Having severe trouble with Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

jamesp81

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't even get past square one. They don't appear on my network. When I say they don't appear on my network, I don't mean they don't show in SADP (which they don't, btw) I mean that my router never lists them as connected devices.

This is occurring with two different cameras.

I changed my router's network to be 192.0.0.1 on the idea that the camera's default IP is 192.0.0.64. What I did notice was that I could run a continuous ping of 192.0.0.64 from the command prompt and right at startup, the camera would respond to 1 to 3 ping requests. After that, it stopped replying.

My manual suggested that my default ip was actually 192.168.1.64. I again changed my router's network to reflect this, but still no go.

What else can I do besides mail them back to the retailer?

Reaction score
If you received ping responses from 192.0.0.64 but they stopped, I suspect it's in a boot loop. You didn't attempt to upgrade any firmware on the camera, did you?

I'm particularly interested because I have one of these arriving on Monday.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What I did notice was that I could run a continuous ping of 192.0.0.64 from the command prompt and right at startup, the camera would respond to 1 to 3 ping requests. After that, it stopped replying.
That's normal on power on, and doesn't repeat. If it repeats, it's a boot loop and there is a problem.
The camera uses 192.0.0.64 initially to check if the tftp updater is listening, then will change to the configured address.

SADP v3.x will find the cameras when they are on the same wiring but a different IP address range, no need to change the PC IP address or the router IP address.
But there is a need for the PC to be wired, not WiFi.
And for the initial setup, for the cameras to be wired also.
This is occurring with two different cameras.
The problem is not going to be with the cameras.
How are they being powered?