Having some issues with new BI 5 installation

Reaction score
I've sent a tech support request to Blue Iris, but have yet to hear anything back, so as I've seen suggested here, I'm posting my issues to see if anyone can help me out.

• As you can see in the included screen shot, the system has been triggered a number of times, but only one clip has any data to it. The remaining ones are “0 sec.” in length. They DO appear in the recording destination folder, however each is listed as 0 k in size. If I try to play one, there is an error indicating the file is corrupt. I’ve tried setting it up to record is different file types, but get the same result.

• Also showing in the screen shot is my live view… or lack there of. When I run as a service, I am unable to see my live feed. It still appears to be triggering, and if I right-click where the camera feed should be, I do get the list of options for that camera. If I run as a local console, I can see the feeds fine. I use AVG Internet Security and have been in touch with them. They did a remote session and found nowhere that the issue was being caused by my anti-virus software, as some online bulletin boards have suggested.

• Lastly, I have versions 3 and 4 as well, however Windows 10 has been unable to successfully uninstall either of them. I doubt that has anything to do with the problems, but I thought I should mention it. If you have any suggestions on getting those wiped from the system, that would also be helpful.

Print Screen.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How many cams are you running and what processor? What are the error messages telling you in the log? Post some screen shots showing the camera load.

Have you deleted the DB folder and rebuilt the DB - it is looking like you have an error there.

Did you try a reboot of the computer after you installed the latest version? For some that has got everything working with some of the most recent updates...while others had to roll back a release or more to find something stable on their system.

Reaction score
I have re-booted. I have done a db rebuild (several actually). The phantom clips disappear, but nothing either appears in their place or added to the existing clip.

I'm running 2 cameras at the moment.

Email to: support@blueirissoftware.com

Here's my specs and a couple more screen shots:

Version: Release 5.3.8.7 x64 (1/18/2021)
Service: Yes [.\blueiris]
License: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Name: Pxxx Txxxxx
Email: pxxxxxx@outlook.com
Support: Basic
Expires: 1/12/2022 9:10:01 PM
WAN: OS: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz [19%]
RAM: 346.4M/7.89G
Clips: 1 items, 38.9M/920.0G
Storage: C: +368.9G

Print Screen 2.png

Print Screen 3.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anything else running on that computer? That seems like a large CPU usage for two cams, plus it keeps showing Disk Full in the log file?

When you rebuild, the alerts disappear (but the BVR file remains) so that part is normal.

Reaction score
Is anything else running on that computer? That seems like a large CPU usage for two cams, plus it keeps showing Disk Full in the log file?

When you rebuild, the alerts disappear (but the BVR file remains) so that part is normal.
I use the pc for surfing and such, but nothing else resource-hungry.

The full disk is odd since there are gigs and gigs of available space.

When I rebuild, it actually deletes the 0-sec. Clips.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There must be an issue in your folders and where they are saving and time retention because the storage status is not showing a problem on the live view screen.

Take a look under global settings and be sure you have the folders named properly and then make sure the cams are pointing to the right locations.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Must be a permissions issue as it looks like the clips are being written to a network device.

Try setting the clips to record locally for the time being to see if the system behaves any better.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HIT IT WITH A HAMMER TIME.

1) uninstall deactivate BI 5, Save the product Key.
2) do a clean install of windows using MS Media Creation tool.
3) re install BI
4) manually define your cameras.

Reaction score
Southern Yankee- I'm not ready to devote that much effort. Yet.

I double checked my folders and their permissions. Everything is good. The weird thing is, if I run it as a local console, it records perfectly. Its only when I run it as a service that everything goes haywire.

Reaction score
Right. So I set up identical user accounts on the windows box, the nas and the service login. This may sound silly, but does the box have to log into tha account, or is it simply existing adequate?

Reaction score
Eureka! There was a typo in the user name. And, once it started recording properly, the live view started working properly too.