Having trouble adding new camera to NVR

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Dauha NVR and 5 Dahua cameras already set up. I'm adding a Loryta camera. I have the camera added in the NVR and I can see it in webview but there's a red dot and I can't see the video. I can't figure out what I need to do. I don't see anywhere I can initialize it and I'm only assuming the password is "admin". Any tips for how to get this one working?

Thanks.

cam.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try clicking the pencil icon - Edit, and try changing the password. This doesn’t change the password in the camera, it simply tells the NVR what password to use to login to it.

Assume this is a PoE NVR. Odd you have port 37777 for the cameras. This usually means you manually added them instead of letting the NVR add them automatically.

this may help

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try clicking the pencil icon - Edit, and try changing the password. This doesn’t change the password in the camera, it simply tells the NVR what password to use to login to it.

Assume this is a PoE NVR. Odd you have port 37777 for the cameras. This usually means you manually added them instead of letting the NVR add them automatically.

this may help
Excellent. Thanks for this. Question: my username/password for SMARTPSS on my laptop and for connecting via web are different. Which one will be the one I should assign to the camera?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Whatever is actually already on the camera. As mentioned, you can’t change the camera password via the edit /pencil icon. You are simply telling the NVR the correct password for the camera so that it knows how to communicate with it

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm making progress! The camera now appears with a green dot but I can't access it with the "e" browser as it won't accept any of my passwords. Not sure why. I've tried all combos but I'm getting locked out. The default for the camera should be admin/admin, right? I've tried that and admin/nvrpassord, my username/password, etc.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say you can’t access it via the IE icon?

1- you can access the camera web GUI but it won’t take the password?
Or
2- you can’t access the web GUI using the IE icon at all?

show a picture of the registration page.

can you access the others?

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you mean when you say you can’t access it via the IE icon?

1- you can access the camera web GUI but it won’t take the password?
Or
2- you can’t access the web GUI using the Iae icon at all?

can you access the others?
I can access the web GUI but it won't take any password when I click the blue button. Also, it's showing two of the new camera (See below). Every time I delete and then add again, 2 show up. We're getting close though!

camera.jpg

It looks like with the others I can't even get to the log in screen when I hit the blue button.

All of the cameras on port 37777 I can't access via the web gui (blue button). The new camera (the port 7 version) I can get to the web gui login, I just can't get in.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No because you added them manually. Thats why they show port 37777.

Unplug all of them,plug them in one at a time. Follow the directions on the PSA. Let the NVR add them. The one showing port 7 is correct. It added it automatically.

The password on the camera will usually be the same as the NVR password this way, unless you changed it

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
2- Plug in your cameras to the NVR. Dont do anything else. The beauty of a PoE NVR is you dont have to do a damn thing, just plug them in, dont go clicking on buttons and shit when you dont know what youre doing, It WILL F$@k things up.

*Dont try to manually add them or force them to the bottom pane. Wait. Sometimes it takes a bit.

3 Open a browser on a PC on your network (again assuming a standard home network of 192.168.1.x) and type 192.168.1.108 or the IP you changed it to, and hit Enter. You will go to the WebGUI interface of your NVR. This is how you will manage your NVR from now on. Login with the name and pass you assigned the NVR

4- Assuming the newer 4.0 dark interface, Choose "Management" at top left then "Camera". This will take you to a page (Registration) that looks like the thumbnail below. The NVR will have automagically assigned each camera a channel and an IP address in the 10.1.1.x range** and a port of 1,2,3 etc.. You can NOT access the cameras without going through the NVR interface and using the Blue IE icons. See thumbnail below. (well you can access them but its a PIA and not necessary)

5- Click on the BLUE IE icon to open the individual cameras Web GUI to make changes to your camera settings, IVS, etc. The login for each new camera will default to Admin/your NVR password
The Login and Password for each camera will be identical and the same as your NVR. Dont F$@K with them!
*On initial login/setup for the cameras, DO NOT enable P2P in the popup that asks you this. Uncheck that along with Auto updates.

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No because you added them manually. Thats why they show port 37777.

Unplug all of them,plug them in one at a time. Follow the directions on the PSA. Let the NVR add them. The one showing port 7 is correct. It added it automatically.

The password on the camera will usually be the same as the NVR password this way, unless you changed it
Will do. Should I delete them first?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
when u disconnect them, and refresh, they should go away.

Try one at a time

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
when u disconnect them, and refresh, they should go away.

Try one at a time
Ok, I had to delete it first (otherwise it just went back to using the same port).

The first one is the one I unplugged and plugged back in.

2021-01-26_161435.jpg

Unfortunately, when I click on the blue icon I can't get past the login screen because it won't take any password I put in.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, so its right now, and the NVR has the right password thats why the green icon is lit.

The password is likely the same as the NVR password

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, so its right now, and the NVR has the right password thats why the green icon is lit.

The password is likely the same as the NVR password
I've been using the user/pass for the webgui and the user/pass for the Smartpss app. Ugh. LOL.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
once each camera registers with a port 1,2,3 etc like the first one did, and they get a green light and the blue IE icon is lit, they are correct.
(use the refresh button at bottom often )

Don’t try and screw with anything to get a password to work other than finding the right password. By default the NVR issues each camera the same password as the NVR itself unless you’ve changed them.

Soundchasr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
once each camera registers with a port 1,2,3 etc like the first one did, and they get a green light and the blue IE icon is lit, they are correct.
(use the refresh button at bottom often )

Don’t try and screw with anything to get a password to work other than finding the right password. By default the NVR issues each camera the same password as the NVR itself unless you’ve changed them.
Got it. Thanks for the help. I don't even care that I can't access through the blue button. I'm just happy everything is working!