Having trouble getting WinBook IP Camera working in BI

Reaction score
Hi, I always hear Blue Iris is the best. I'm going to be adding more than 1 camera so I'm going to buy BI to manage everything. I have a Microcenter close so I decided to try their WinBook brand cameras. Not much info on them but Microcenter is close enough to return if they suck. The 720p camera is $45 and the 1080p is $65 (Outdoor, POE). I went ahead and just bought the 720p to try out (I like the quality so far so I'm probably going to exchange it for the 1080p version if it works out). Anyways I'm doing the 15 demo on BI to make sure this camera even works with it, and I'm having trouble getting the video stream to show up.

The camera works by IP through web browser, their own little NVR software and in the ONVIF software I found here. BI surprisingly has a Winbook preset but its for the wrong model, the model number on the box for this camera says C1066DN2-P, in the settings I see H8E-P-10. BI seems to find the correct settings and i've tried messing around with them but can't get it to connect.

Here are the settings I see in ONVIF and my BI settings. I've tried changing the discovery port to 8099, as well as using the Winbook Preset but can't figure out what it's not liking. Also I can't figure out how to get SSL enabled :(

ONVIF shows the video stream as: rtsp://192.168.1.12:554/live0.264

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hmm no progress, tried BI on a different PC in case any port forwarding was messing things up. Then I tried the Update button from its own software. Now the camera is unresponsive and I cant connect to it lol

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm no progress, tried BI on a different PC in case any port forwarding was messing things up. Then I tried the Update button from its own software. Now the camera is unresponsive and I cant connect to it lol
have you entered the cameras password in blue iris? also its seems like the http os 8099 so you need to add :8099 after the ip...

Reaction score
have you entered the cameras password in blue iris? also its seems like the http os 8099 so you need to add :8099 after the ip...
Yeah the default username is 'admin' without a password. I also created a new user/password to try. At one point I did change the port to :8099 in the settings but no change. I need to see if I can get the camera going again, the update it did seems to have broken it. May go return it later and grab the 1080p model to try.