Having troubles with SC-318P6-16. Need to reset the password.

gramb0t

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So Ive inheritted a system from a client (in their shop right now, showing all the cameras) they have an NVR box with the model number of SC-318P6-16

They do NOT know their master password and the installer is no longer contactable. I need to reset the NVR and reset it up OR reset the admin password.

Ive tried the admin password reset tool, it didnt work.
I can see the device in SADP and iVMS-4200 shows it as active with firmware 3.3.1 Build 150706
Ive tried the default passwords to no success.

Can anyone help out with next steps?
I have full access to all the hardware. and I need to either reset the entire device to factory fresh (so that i can set it up) or reset the password (so that i can access the current setup and footage)

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So Ive inheritted a system from a client (in their shop right now, showing all the cameras) they have an NVR box with the model number of SC-318P6-16

They do NOT know their master password and the installer is no longer contactable. I need to reset the NVR and reset it up OR reset the admin password.

Ive tried the admin password reset tool, it didnt work.
I can see the device in SADP and iVMS-4200 shows it as active with firmware 3.3.1 Build 150706
Ive tried the default passwords to no success.

Can anyone help out with next steps?
I have full access to all the hardware. and I need to either reset the entire device to factory fresh (so that i can set it up) or reset the password (so that i can access the current setup and footage)

Thanks!
That looks like old firmware so the tool should work...make sure you are entering everything properly.

gramb0t

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thanks for the reply, perhaps I am doing something wrong...

When I try to contact the NVR trhough the SADP tool, i can see the device but any interactions (ie. get a reset key) get a timeout error.

UPDATE ONE: When I use the key from the password reset tool I get a "Failed to reset password. Other 2001" error
I have used both the full serial number and the modified one (without the model number "SC-318P6-16")

UPDATE TWO: when i create an answer file with the code in the xml file, i get a different error (but the same meaning?) "Failed to reset password. Timed out"

When I look at the device in the SADPTool I get the serial number: SC-318P6-16162015****AARR558543470WCVU (* added for obscuity, char_count has been preserved)
this nor 162015****AARR558543470WCVU ( again * added for obscurity) works with the master reset tool.

The response from iVMS-4200 is much the same, I get the same serial number. This software however tells me the firmware version.
when i try to add the device to the client i get timeout errors. (despite the device showing as active)

Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong to prevent the master password reset tool from working?

EDIT 1: updated error message info from password reset tool.
EDIT 2: updated result when XML file has been used for passwod reset in SADPTool

Last edited: