HDBW-1320EP-W Wifi Failed to configure

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is the first Dahua camera that I buy. Got it from Andy here on the forum.

I've been having major troubles getting it connected to a WiFi network. I tried using a bunch of the Dahua apps, including their gDMSS apps and Easy4IP, all give the same error.

After I add the camera via it's QR code and input my Wifi password, it attemps to configure for about 30 seconds before giving me a configure error (failed to get error ~)

I notice that when it's trying to "configure", the green LED on the camera does not start flashing faster to indicate that it's configuring WiFi...

Anyone have any tips for these wifi cameras? Other than hard wiring them to get them on the network?

Note: I have gotten this camera to connect via WPS, but never over WiFi manually.

Thanks,
Elliott

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Sugar,

For those iirc you need to configure via the ethernet cable first.. then once you've set the WiFi info you can disconnect the ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Hi Sugar,

For those iirc you need to configure via the ethernet cable first.. then once you've set the WiFi info you can disconnect the ethernet cable.
Thanks for the reply Mat

In the quick start guide it shows to scan the QR code into the app, put in your WiFi password and it should configure... Is that only a feature of other models?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mat

In the quick start guide it shows to scan the QR code into the app, put in your WiFi password and it should configure... Is that only a feature of other models?
HI Sugar,

I don't know about the app, just have done similar stuff the old school way.

Look for the notes here on setting up a Dahua OEM IP PoE camera - the same principles apply.

192.168.x.x - IP address, use a switch - set laptop or PC to right subnet, .. login with default user/password - change WiFi settings.

There is also a Dahua Config tool you can use... worth looking for that info.

I wrote some notes on the Q-see version based on information here - please see the wiki here:
Costco Members: Q-See 3MP HD Wi-Fi IP Bullet Camera $80 + Free Shipping

---- see below for notes ----

There's probably a better step by step here ... perhaps giomania's notes ( maybe even my notes ) has a link to it

For those new to this forum:

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Elliot,
I don't have the same cam and I don't use that app but I believe I'm correct in saying this:

If you are using the Easy4ip app and are scanning a QR code then that's known as 'P2P' (Peer to Peer) and it involves using a cloud account to view that cam. This avoids having to forward port(s) in your router, setting up DDNS, etc.

First, did you create a free cloud account at easy4ip.com?
Secondly, when attempting to set up the app and the cam, your smartphone was on your local Wi-Fi network, correct?

Reaction score
Thanks guys. TonyR yes I have tried doing that, no dice.

Anyway I ended up just connecting the camera to the router for initial setup...whatever...

Is there any way to delete the "admin" account? I've changed the password but it keeps saying it's protected.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. TonyR yes I have tried doing that, no dice.

Anyway I ended up just connecting the camera to the router for initial setup...whatever...

Is there any way to delete the "admin" account? I've changed the password but it keeps saying it's protected.
Hi Sugar,

iirc the admin account can not be deleted, it is designed that way so that people do not brick the system.