HdBW1320EP wifif cam

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I have the above camera. part of redoing my network I wanted to move the camera from it's current location and while removing it I damamged the network connection pullting it through the wall.
I reset the camer to factory default hoping that I would be ablt to connect to the camera via WIFI. but thisdoesnt seem to be working.

Am I missing a step or is default connection only thought wired? If so, doea ny one know the pin out of the colors to network jack. There are onlu 6 wirs and tehya re not standard colors!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
doea ny one know the pin out of the colors to network jack. There are onlu 6 wirs and tehya re not standard colors!
check out this thread, it may help :

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks I have seen that vidoe and it isnt making sense

1617118205255.png

its asking tconnect sam wire to different pins and same color blue to multiple locations!?

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
oops I onluy have one blue and ist asking to connect both blue and brown to the orange and white?
and second blue - which again I dont ahve and orange to green white?

further standard network connection for 100mb only needs 4 wires to work the orange and white pair - pins 1 nd 2 for transmit and green and white 3 and 6 for receive on an rj45.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
further standard network connection for 100mb only needs 4 wires to work the orange and white pair - pins 1 nd 2 for transmit and green and white 3 and 6 for receive on an rj45.
True, but to support one mode of PoE, the other 4 wires are also used, as follows :
Pins 4 & 5 are connected together.
Pins 7 & 8 are connected together.

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
True, but to support one mode of PoE, the other 4 wires are also used, as follows :
Pins 4 & 5 are connected together.
Pins 7 & 8 are connected together.
ook so I need to pride the pari with a single wire but now I still ahv hte issue that I only have 1 blue or is the digram saying I needt o connect the singel blue to both orange and white and green and white?

1617121745560.png
So are you saying grey gets connected to BOTH white brown AND brown
brown gets connected to BOTH orange and orangewhite
blue goes to both orange and orange white where brown already is
yellow to blue white
blue also to greenwhite and green in addition to the above and
orange goes also to whie green greenw here blue2 arlready is?

This seems like a medss or Iam not getting it!?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
blue also to greenwhite and green in addition to the above
No - that is not correct.

So are you saying grey gets connected to BOTH white brown AND brown
blue goes to both orange and orange white where brown already is
yellow to blue white
blue also to greenwhite and green in addition to the above and
orange goes also to whie green greenw here blue2 arlready is?
I really don't think that diagram is helping you, it's being used out of context, and is probably best ignored.

while removing it I damamged the network connection pullting it through the wall.
Presuming that you have still have the original, damaged end, and that the ends of the wires are still in the RJ45 female connector - either :
With a multimeter, test which pin number of the connector connects to which wire colour of wire in the cable.
Or
Slice open the RJ45 female connector and visually observe which pin number is connected to which wire colour in the cable.

When you've done that - you will know how to graft on the replacement end to the cable.

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
yea I dont beleive I ahve the original end it got pretty mangled and I falsy assumed that the connetcion would be like any other data conenction using POE with 8 conducters and standards 568b wiring since it connects to any jack or port on a switch.

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
1617128069562.png So I found this wiring set tried it and the camera pwers up the led flashes green which I thought was aht it is supposed to do whenr uninitialized. but i am still not finding it on the network

Corwyn508

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a router that I use for testing so I can set that to 1.xxx connect my laptop to it. you think the wiring as above should work? or will teh wife work in default mode?