HDBW4231F-AS mounted to standard 1-gang box?

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll be needing to mount a HDBW4231F-AS next to the front door side wall, which is brick and has 1-Gang outlet box installed for the camera, which sits flush with the brick. This outlet box is where the network cable comes out.

I don't see any available mounting solutions on the Dahua site for mounting a camera to this style box though. Are there any tricks for doing this?
I'm thinking worst-case, I fabricate a 1-gang cover and drill the necessary holes in it so the camera base can screw into it.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
CK42,
Yes, that's possible. I used a blank mounting plate on a regular round outdoor style AC junction box. I drilled homes in the cover for cam mounting. I used the existing holes in the blank plate to mount the plate to the junction box. The j-box contains the cam's ethernet connection. I also crammed a poe splitter there, use to power an external mic. That made it pretty tight to hold all that stuff, but it's working.

Good luck,
Fastb

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be needing to mount a HDBW4231F-AS next to the front door side wall, which is brick and has 1-Gang outlet box installed for the camera, which sits flush with the brick. This outlet box is where the network cable comes out.

I don't see any available mounting solutions on the Dahua site for mounting a camera to this style box though. Are there any tricks for doing this?
I'm thinking worst-case, I fabricate a 1-gang cover and drill the necessary holes in it so the camera base can screw into it.

Hi CK42,

I also did not see anything like that, thus I would certainly go the DIY fabrication route.