HDBW4421R Install Pics with Wall Mount

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last week I replaced a couple bullet cams with two 4MP HDBW4421R. They are 3 axis adjustable and 3.6mm. I bought them new from a vendor on ebay and one came with Chinese firmware and the other English...?? No big deal. The only thing I had to change was that they were set up to auto reboot at 2:30am every day and a couple minor adjustments. The motion lights work but are not powered yet so I'll have to see how that affects the cameras...

inst-2.jpg

I mounted each cam on a PFB203W all aluminum wall mount from B&H photo. $16 each and comes with all mounting hardware.
The 203W is 122mm wide which fits the cam perfectly. There is also a couple other versions such as the 200W which is 200mm wide.
inst-3.jpg

The back of the 203W has an access hole for cables and mounting holes.
inst-4.jpg

The back comes out so you can attach it to the wall first and then hang the camera and wall mount assembly on it. There is a small allen screw on the bottom that holds everything together. If I need to make an adjustment or clean it later on I just loosen the allen screw, unplug and take the whole assembly off.
inst-5.jpg
inst-1.jpg

Just some info that hopefully might be of some help to someone.

Mvat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I'm just about to install a couple of cameras to the wooden fascia of my house.
Is it possible to make the PoE connection outside and store the cable in the 'dead space' of the 203w mount?
For me it is easier to drill a smaller hole for the cat5 and terminate outside -
Thank you

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
I'm just about to install a couple of cameras to the wooden fascia of my house.
Is it possible to make the PoE connection outside and store the cable in the 'dead space' of the 203w mount?
For me it is easier to drill a smaller hole for the cat5 and terminate outside -
Thank you
Yes, that's what I did and it worked well.

btw - I used silicone caulk when I attached the junction box / public fixture to the wall.

Last edited:

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is how i want to mount the dahua cameras also. I like the principle very much.