HDD size minimum

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I've been given the task of getting a Besder nvr8908t-q up and running. Also there is a used but supposedly good 500GB HDD with it. My initial thought is the HDD is very small but owner wants it going till a bigger one is purchased.

Probably a silly question but will the system recognize such a small HDD? I note the NVR will take up to 6TB but no mention of minimum size. I see no risk in fitting the 500GB... or is there? I don't want to wreck anything. As they say, the only silly question is the one not asked.

Thanks for any help.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I've been given the task of getting a Besder nvr8908t-q up and running. Also there is a used but supposedly good 500GB HDD with it. My initial thought is the HDD is very small but owner wants it going till a bigger one is purchased.

Probably a silly question but will the system recognize such a small HDD? I note the NVR will take up to 6TB but no mention of minimum size. I see no risk in fitting the 500GB... or is there? I don't want to wreck anything. As they say, the only silly question is the one not asked.

Thanks for any help.
Hi Excalibur,

I don't think there is a minimum HDD size a system will recognize as many system still support the FAT32 file system for things like USB drives.

Excalibur

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. The 500GB HDD is recognized as is working.