HDW 5231R-Z night time images

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My HDW 5231R-Z is mounted on the side of my shed. At night time the LED flood light goes on and remains own till it gets light. I have two night time jpegs (attach) , one with smart IR turned on, and one with the IR light turned off. The picture with the IR light turned off is obviously the better picture. My question is why? Does the flood light interfere with the IR. But I kind of like the IR light turned off because you don’t see the red LEDs on the camera.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mount it to the front of your garage and that IR issue will go away, white shed might as well be a mirror directing alot of light right back in the lens from a side angle.

you cant mount it like that under an overhang and looking back.. cant have any nearby surfaces to reflect IR off of.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
before you resort to moving it, try tilting it down a little, rotating towards the other garage doors a little, and zooming in to see if you can reduce the ir reflection.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. The image with no IR light is greatly superior to the Hikvision camera it replaced. I think I’ll just keep it the way it is with no IR.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
external lighting is almost always better, wont attract bugs and weather (rain/snow/fog) wont blind it.. consider external IR illuminators if your wanting more punch without annoying your neighbors with more flood lights.

Since your watching a driveway it wont flare up reflectors either, which results in better exposures.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
external lighting is almost always better, wont attract bugs and weather (rain/snow/fog) wont blind it.. consider external IR illuminators if your wanting more punch without annoying your neighbors with more flood lights.

Since your watching a driveway it wont flare up reflectors either, which results in better exposures.

I purchased current for the first time to see what the fab was about for a install i did for a friend and all i can say is external light really makes them shine. I grab a screen shot or two a few minutes ago just to show how well they preform with light as others have said. Mind you the Night vision was on and they looked great but my friend saw them in color and was like leave it HE wanted the color instead.

I didn't post pictures of the other cameras which are bullets but they too don't even need the night mode

Actually none of the camera settings were changed.

Attachments