HDW4300c Pics

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It was pretty windy out, tress have some blur. Mounted on tripod temporarily at the moment. I think I had BLC enabled. I'll upload some night shots tonight. Oh, and please move this to the picture forum if need be. I screwed up, lol.

2 oic.jpg pic 3.jpg pic 5.jpg pic 6.jpg

Last edited:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The images look nice and crisp. have you tested out digitally zooming into things?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's a cropped pic from pic 6 from the above shots, and blown up a bit. I won't really get this dialed in until it's permanently mounted. You have to be really particular about aiming FOV and center image with a 3.6- it's a pretty wide shot.

pic zoom.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I think what I might be seeing in these pics is the snapshots being taken on a bitrate climb. How I'm doing this is on wireless outside on my netbook, opening up main stream at 3mp, which is tough wireless lol, and grabbing a quick shot. But I'm pretty sure my snaps aren't full res 4096, which is what it's set for. So it could be a getting some snaps on a bitrate climb, which I would think may cause some blur. This isn't all to scientific at the moment!

NO IR
night no ir.jpg

SAME SHOT IR
night ir.jpg

night 1.jpg night 2.jpg

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not take the snapshot from your laptop? Otherwise, they don't look bad at all. Just alittle brighter than the typical LED IR that the other models have.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm doing, taking pics from the laptop. Only to avoid running in and out of the house with the laptop on LAN, I have it outside on WAN. Still, the camera looks to be a winner though. The IR is strong, but whether that would be more or less helpful would depend on where you put it. Like I had better results putting it really close for monitoring a door, but had pretty bad IR blast 20' in front of it. So wide angle overview is amazing, but your suspect will be pretty blasted out there. Which brings me to the next round of new dahua cameras, the ultra smart series. None of these cameras are what I'd want. But they do offer something that should be in every damn IR camera no matter what- SMART IR. If you're gonna have powerful array IR, make the damn thing have smart IR at least.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products_category/3-megapixels--322.html

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I installed my 2.8mm. First thing i noticed is that this camera at 2.8mm had almost the same angle of view that the swann 820 (same as the hik 2032 bullet) has at 4mm when the swann was set to 2mp (you get a wider view in the hiks/swann at 2mp than 3mp)..that was disappointing. The image quality is ok for a 2.8mm lens and obviously not as crisp as the 3mp images shock took with the 3.6mm lens with more pixel density. The night image for me is the about the same as the hikvision. I had to leave and did not get a chance to take snapshots but i will hopefully get some this week. I also have a bunch of 3.6mm versions coming in so i will post those when they get installed in the next few weeks.
The camera does look good IMG_20140830_170047646.jpgmounted as i was able to hide the pigtail in the back.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I can see on mine that the size of the mount will make it useful for hiding the connection, so great for that. I've considered that vendor but they don't have the 3mp 4300S dome I'm looking for. Plus there's a vendor near me that gives a three year warranty and is only 30 bucks more per camera than ali. That extra 30 per camera isn't all that much considering the long warranty and actual customer support locally. Don't think I'll be choosing ali after all. Nice savings, but one bad camera makes it a hassle I'd rather not dick around with. I'm ordering a lot of five. Do post pics from the 2.8 and 3.6. Thanks.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My 4300's are almost here! :) And a whole bunch of other stuff, but that's top secret, lol.

Clipboard01.jpg

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know who looks more forward to your hauls, you or me. :cool:

Keep us posted.