HDW4300c Pics

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That looks great! Similar to what I want to do. What is the distance from the camera to the doors (both right and straight ahead)? I plan on putting it under the porch looking back at the door which is about 13 feet away. With that view angle looks like I can hit the driveway too.

Just installed my first 4300C today. I'll check on it later to see how it looks at night, but here's an evening sample.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've contacted my connection in China and they bench tested one of these cameras for the mic not working well. They agree with me that it sucks and they contacted Dahua. They informed me that Dahua has been receiving alot of complaints about it as well, and informed us that they will be building a new firmware to fix the issue. As soon as I get it, I'll share it here.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the running price on this cam at a stateside vendor? I'm interested in trying something else besides Empire cams.

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I installed my 2.8mm. First thing i noticed is that this camera at 2.8mm had almost the same angle of view that the swann 820 (same as the hik 2032 bullet) has at 4mm when the swann was set to 2mp (you get a wider view in the hiks/swann at 2mp than 3mp)..that was disappointing. The image quality is ok for a 2.8mm lens and obviously not as crisp as the 3mp images shock took with the 3.6mm lens with more pixel density. The night image for me is the about the same as the hikvision. I had to leave and did not get a chance to take snapshots but i will hopefully get some this week. I also have a bunch of 3.6mm versions coming in so i will post those when they get installed in the next few weeks.
The camera does look good mounted as i was able to hide the pigtail in the back.
I am not happy with the 4mm FOV on my DS-2CD2032-I and I am planning on ordering IPC-HDW4300C with 2.8mm lens to replace them. I tried setting my 2032 to 2MP (1280x720p) but it didn't change to FOV at all for me. This was with 5.2.5 firmware. Anyhow I want to be sure that the FOV on the 4300C is significantly greater than the 2032's or else they won't be worth replacing. Can you elaborate more on the FOV as compared to the 2032?

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not happy with the 4mm FOV on my DS-2CD2032-I and I am planning on ordering IPC-HDW4300C with 2.8mm lens to replace them. I tried setting my 2032 to 2MP (1280x720p) but it didn't change to FOV at all for me. This was with 5.2.5 firmware. Anyhow I want to be sure that the FOV on the 4300C is significantly greater than the 2032's or else they won't be worth replacing. Can you elaborate more on the FOV as compared to the 2032?

thanks!
When you go from 3mp to 2mp on the 2032, the change in horizonatal fov with be slight, but its there..you will certainly notice a change in vertical fov..if not you are doing something wrong..2mp is not 1280x720 - that is 1.3mp...you need to set the camera to 1080p...maybe that is your issue..
Going to the dahua is a bad idea..my post is saying that you will NOT see an improvement using a 2.8mm dahua...there is more to FOV than lens size...if you want wider go with a hikvision 2.8mm 2332 turret...
If you search you will find a thread comparing two hikvision side by side..you can also search youtube..as long as its a 2cdXXX hikvision camera you can generally compare 2.8mm to 4mm to get an idea.

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
When you go from 3mp to 2mp on the 2032, the change in horizonatal fov with be slight, but its there..you will certainly notice a change in vertical fov..if not you are doing something wrong..2mp is not 1280x720 - that is 1.3mp...you need to set the camera to 1080p...maybe that is your issue..
Going to the dahua is a bad idea..my post is saying that you will NOT see an improvement using a 2.8mm dahua...there is more to FOV than lens size...if you want wider go with a hikvision 2.8mm 2332 turret...
If you search you will find a thread comparing two hikvision side by side..you can also search youtube..as long as its a 2cdXXX hikvision camera you can generally compare 2.8mm to 4mm to get an idea.
Thanks. After I posted I was thinking to myself that 1080p was 2mp. I have been running 1080P@30fps and the sticker on the camera says the lens is 4mm. I am glad I didn't buy the Dahua's then if the field of view is not better with the 2.8mm.

I am replacing my 960H analog system at home. The cameras had 2.8mm lenses and were wider than the 2032's. The other thing that is taking some getting use to is the lack of smoothness with the video on the 2032's. when watching a car drive by you will see micro jumps in movement. I knew to expect that after watching videos on it but mine seems slightly worse. I've been playing with all the encoding settings on the camera and haven't found a sweet spot. In comparison I purchased a 2mp speed dome http://www.ebay.com/itm/271804550380 and the video on it is very smooth but I need to test it more.

Thanks for your input on the dahua's. I will order a Hikivision turret to try.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
At 30fps the image should be very smooth-not sure what videos you watched..try playing with the bitrate and lowering the iframe interval to match your frame rate...

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
At 30fps the image should be very smooth-not sure what videos you watched..try playing with the bitrate and lowering the iframe interval to match your frame rate...
It was this video my video is similar to what you see in the second half of the video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It was this video my video is similar to what you see in the second half of the video.
That is not bad at all...also, not sure what frame rate he used but at that time he wrote the review 3mp on the hikvision was limited to 15fps (now 20)..also its taken with a 12mm lens and the haze distorts the image a bit..

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
That is not bad at all...also, not sure what frame rate he used but at that time he wrote the review 3mp on the hikvision was limited to 15fps (now 20)..also its taken with a 12mm lens and the haze distorts the image a bit..
Yes it is really good for 3mp...again I was mistakenly thinking it was recorded in 2mp mode. My video should be buttery smooth than at 1080p. hmmmm I wonder if it is the firmware (5.2.5). I will restore one of the cams to defaults. I will also start a new thread for this discussion.