HDW4421 Event not ..... logging anything

ADLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. First time user with Dahua so I'm a little green as I typically use Hikvision and with an NVR. I'm playing around with the above model and see it has an Event tool. I should mention I am not attaching this camera to an NVR, just to my network, I also am not recording anything nor do I wish to. I have setup to send snapshots to an FTP account however.

I have setup a motion detection to send me an Email up detection (The test email worked so I know that it's working okay).

However no amount of jumping around etc will trigger an event in the log and subsequently no Email comes through. I have set the entire screen to capture movement, I have set it to all days 24 days event. So...does this feature actually work without an NVR involved ? and if so what am I possible doing wrong.

If not then I guess it puts an end to my experiment/intention.

Cheers!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all. First time user with Dahua so I'm a little green as I typically use Hikvision and with an NVR. I'm playing around with the above model and see it has an Event tool. I should mention I am not attaching this camera to an NVR, just to my network, I also am not recording anything nor do I wish to. I have setup to send snapshots to an FTP account however.

I have setup a motion detection to send me an Email up detection (The test email worked so I know that it's working okay).

However no amount of jumping around etc will trigger an event in the log and subsequently no Email comes through. I have set the entire screen to capture movement, I have set it to all days 24 days event. So...does this feature actually work without an NVR involved ? and if so what am I possible doing wrong.

If not then I guess it puts an end to my experiment/intention.

Cheers!
did you install an sd card?

ADLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the reply Fenderman. No I did not, the camera does not have the ability to put one in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the reply Fenderman. No I did not, the camera does not have the ability to put one in.
if your cam
if there is no sd card, I dont believe the log will ever show anything...it should still send photos...triple check your motion detection settings...

ADLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks. So in Event I have Motion Detection tick box Enabled. In setup of Working Period I have green bars on all days for the entire 24 hours. I have Send Snapshot and Send Email boxes both ticked. In Email SMTP settings in the Network Menu I have setup my Email and it does indeed send a TEST Email through.

Last edited:

ADLDATA

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok to add to this. SOMETHING is happening as I have a heap of JPGs on my FTP server. So I know the feature is working. Now I have to work out WHY the Emails not coming through