HDW5231R-Z not showing up on NVR

Brian_NY

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I am new to this site but not really new to camera installations. However, I ran into an issue that I have never experienced before. I am using a Lorex NVR9082. It is an 8 channel, POE, capable of recording up to eight 4k cameras. I have an assortment of Lorex and Dahua cameras ranging from 2mp to 8 mp. I bought a Dahua HDW5231R-Z camera after seeing so many positive reviews on this site. The camera was installed about 5 days ago. The camera was displaying video on the Lorex NVR9082 as well as multiple mobile devices. Today, I noticed that the camera is no longer displaying a video from the NVR directly to a monitor connected by HDMI. The camera is displaying on numerous mobile devices without issues.

What I have done so far; I rebooted the NVR. I unplugged the cat 5E cable from the NVR for several minutes. I changed ports on the NVR and still no display to the NVR monitor. I do get audio of passing cars on the monitor and the camera appears to be working in all other aspects. All other cameras display properly on the NVR's monitor. I am baffled and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Brian_NY

n3wb
Reaction score
Unbelievable.....I changed the codec from H265 to H264 and there it was. I was blind in tunnel vision, looking for a more difficult source to the problem.

Thank you for you help Fenderman

Last edited: