HDW5231R-ZE Firmware Update

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I have 4 HDW5231R-ZE cameras with one starting to have SD card drops at random times. I was running firmware 2.622 on all 4 cameras until I updated to 2.80 on the camera in an attempt to stop the SD card drops. I was able to update without any issues, but the 2.80 firmware seems to be missing several features of the 2.622. A few are the quick links at the bottom right of the browser window such as full screen, rule info, W:H, etc. Live view no longer shows my tripwire lines and I have found a toggle so far. When I click the playback tab, I no longer have the timeline below the video.

I completed a factory reset, tried Pale Moon, Firefox and Chrome with all the same results. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it appears many features and options have been deleted from 2.622 to 2.80 firmware and would like to revert back to 2.622.

My question, is 2.622 firmware available for download, haven't been able to locate it? Since I have 3 other cameras all running 2.622 firmware, is it possible to copy the firmware from one of those cameras to roll back 2.80 on the updated camera?

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I have 4 HDW5231R-ZE cameras with one starting to have SD card drops at random times. I was running firmware 2.622 on all 4 cameras until I updated to 2.80 on the camera in an attempt to stop the SD card drops. I was able to update without any issues, but the 2.80 firmware seems to be missing several features of the 2.622. A few are the quick links at the bottom right of the browser window such as full screen, rule info, W:H, etc. Live view no longer shows my tripwire lines and I have found a toggle so far. When I click the playback tab, I no longer have the timeline below the video.

I completed a factory reset, tried Pale Moon, Firefox and Chrome with all the same results. Unless I'm doing something wrong, it appears many features and options have been deleted from 2.622 to 2.80 firmware and would like to revert back to 2.622.

My question, is 2.622 firmware available for download, haven't been able to locate it? Since I have 3 other cameras all running 2.622 firmware, is it possible to copy the firmware from one of those cameras to roll back 2.80 on the updated camera?

Thanks
This is because newer firmwares do not need a browser plugin to view. In this view, the items you listed are not available.
If you use Internet Explorer, it will prompt you to download the plugin, and those features will return.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is because newer firmwares do not need a browser plugin to view. In this view, the items you listed are not available.
If you use Internet Explorer, it will prompt you to download the plugin, and those features will return.
Thank you! The features returned when I used Internet Explorer and was prompted to download the plugin. This my be a crazy question, but is there a way for Pale Moon to use the plugin with the new firmware so the features would be available while using Pale Moon? I use the timeline in playback often.

I've had couple of SD Card drops since updating the firmware that I will continue to chase down.

Thanks again for the help concerning the missing features!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you! The features returned when I used Internet Explorer and was prompted to download the plugin. This my be a crazy question, but is there a way for Pale Moon to use the plugin with the new firmware so the features would be available while using Pale Moon? I use the timeline in playback often.

I've had couple of SD Card drops since updating the firmware that I will continue to chase down.

Thanks again for the help concerning the missing features!
Sorry, I don't know. I use Chrome with IETAB extension installed when I need to see all controls.
SD card...Be sure to set the camera back to factory defaults after a firmware upgrade.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know. I use Chrome with IETAB extension installed when I need to see all controls.
SD card...Be sure to set the camera back to factory defaults after a firmware upgrade.
Thanks. I did set the camera back to factory defaults after the firmware update then set up fresh.