Latest New 20180813 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo or no logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, before updating, please check carefully if your camera support or not.

DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813.bin
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.31.R.180813

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.
IPC-HDW5XX-ZE
IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE

Bugs fixed:
1. Genetec H.265 fixed stream bad pics
2. SD card recognize faile for Toshiba SD card
3. Fisheye picture auto-adjust importment
4. OS05 2.8m Picture looks flat

This version support HDMI port IP camera and PIR IP camera. Seems new ones WAITING to release.

Andy

Attachments

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've upgraded 3 cameras here (one 2x Z & 1x ZE), before I upgraded from the Nov 17 firmware the 3 cameras were showing video in the playback tab but that seems to have disappeared so i'm wondering if maybe they're using a new folder structure?

You can see it's actively writing to the cards, so I formatted the cards in all 3 cameras and that is now starting to write video and it shows up in the playback tabs correctly.

Something to bear in mind for people using microSD cards as it's another step to add in addition to resetting the cameras to defaults.

Last edited:

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
random notes for people:

I upgraded my IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 to 2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23

it seems it no longer recognizes my SD card in the camera after that update.

I rolled to the firmware above that Andy posted:

2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13

and while it stopped trying to do flash for video resource stuff, it at least sees my SD card again. (note my sd card is samsung), and it stopped offering a day-night as profile.

@EMPIRETECANDY

don't suppose there is a 2.640 build from 2018-08-13 ?

Last edited:

Turisto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the updated firmware

Can you expand on what this means please?

"4. OS05 2.8m Picture looks flat"

Thanks!

Mark P

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help getting camera operational.

I just got my first Dahua camera (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, from Andy) which I am adding to my Lorex (Dahua) system. How do I configure this thing to work? When I initially plugged it into Lorex NVR, the NVR said some configuration error. Then it occurred to me that I may need to configure it first, and also ensure it is set to NTSC, not PAL. How I'm trying to figure out how to do that and not making progress. If you can share how to do basic configuration, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm decent with tech, but have only minimal experience with networking...
I plugged the camera just into my POE network switch (instead of Lorex NVR) assuming that's how I need to access it. I see the IRs turn on in dark so I know it's powered up.
In the non-logo packaging the mini CD has a manual which mentions default IP of 192.168.1.108, but entering that in a web browser does not find anything.
I logged into my router and checked which IP addresses showed up and tried each of the ones that didn't have a name I recognized and tried each of those at a web browser, but nothing came from those either. Then I also compared the MAC addresses shown and none of those match the label on the camera.
I tried the Config tool in the CD, but it only saw my NVR and I wasn't sure I was searching correctly. I looked up youtube videos and the GUI looked different, so I wondered if it was wrong tool, then downloaded one from this Dahua Wiki site here:
Template:Software - Dahua Wiki
And that was same one (slight version difference) so seems this is right one (now I see videos were older version).
I've now removed everything off my network except Router to POE Switch, and only thing plugged into my Switch are this PC and my Camera. When I go into my router, I only see 2 things connected, the Switch and PC, but not the Camera. I wouldn't think I'd need to do anything to configure the camera just for it to show up on the network, right?
Also, FYI the Switch does show flashing leds for all 3 things plugged into it (Router, PC, and Camera), and indicates POE powered to the Camera. So it seems like it's interacting, yet it's nowhere to be seen to be actually accessed.
I also swapped and used a different cable to connect camera to switch and same result. I watched the switch when connecting, and when first connected the POE light immediately came on. Then some number of seconds later, I heard the camera click (ie relay flipped) and then the activity light started on the switch at the same time. As I've been doing all of this testing, the camera is warm so seems like it's powered up and doing something.
Hopefully I'm just missing something basic???

I'm stuck not knowing what to do. Basic setup help needed, please!

Regards,
Mark

Last edited:

Turisto

n3wb
Reaction score
I need help getting camera operational.

I just got my first Dahua camera (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, from Andy) which I am adding to my Lorex (Dahua) system. How do I configure this thing to work? When I initially plugged it into Lorex NVR, the NVR said some configuration error. Then it occurred to me that I may need to configure it first, and also ensure it is set to NTSC, not PAL. How I'm trying to figure out how to do that and not making progress. If you can share how to do basic configuration, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm decent with tech, but have only minimal experience with networking...
I plugged the camera just into my POE network switch (instead of Lorex NVR) assuming that's how I need to access it. I see the IRs turn on in dark so I know it's powered up.
In the non-logo packaging the mini CD has a manual which mentions default IP of 192.168.1.108, but entering that in a web browser does not find anything.
I logged into my router and checked which IP addresses showed up and tried each of the ones that didn't have a name I recognized and tried each of those at a web browser, but nothing came from those either. Then I also compared the MAC addresses shown and none of those match the label on the camera.
I tried the Config tool in the CD, but it only saw my NVR and I wasn't sure I was searching correctly. I looked up youtube videos and the GUI looked different, so I wondered if it was wrong tool, then downloaded one from this Dahua Wiki site here:
Template:Software - Dahua Wiki
And that was same one (slight version difference) so seems this is right one (now I see videos were older version).
I've now removed everything off my network except Router to POE Switch, and only thing plugged into my Switch are this PC and my Camera. When I go into my router, I only see 2 things connected, the Switch and PC, but not the Camera. I wouldn't think I'd need to do anything to configure the camera just for it to show up on the network, right?
Also, FYI the Switch does show flashing leds for all 3 things plugged into it (Router, PC, and Camera), and indicates POE powered to the Camera. So it seems like it's interacting, yet it's nowhere to be seen to be actually accessed.
I also swapped and used a different cable to connect camera to switch and same result. I watched the switch when connecting, and when first connected the POE light immediately came on. Then some number of seconds later, I heard the camera click (ie relay flipped) and then the activity light started on the switch at the same time. As I've been doing all of this testing, the camera is warm so seems like it's powered up and doing something.
Hopefully I'm just missing something basic???

I'm stuck not knowing what to do. Basic setup help needed, please!

Regards,
Mark
I think you are missing the initialization process on the NVR when you connect a device to the NVR....

It should be like this...

I don't have my camera attached to a NVR, I initialized mine through a web browser... you can do this through Smart PSS too though.

Assuming have it connected correctly, (your NVR seems to have seen it at one point), and you have tried initialization via web browser with no success, I would reset the camera and try again with a web browser...

Reset instructions..

Default IP address is 192.168.1.108

Try Internet Explorer rather than FIrefox, as Firefox needs plugins (Flash)...

Mark P

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into that (our to dinner now).

Yes the first thing I did was plug directly into Lorex NVR, expecting it to work out of box. When viewing that camera it said "10.1.1.65 conf.LoginErrorNo-18" on otherwise black screen

I did try both Chrome and IE.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The cameras here are all still working ok on this firmware with no sign of the rebooting after 19 hours that I was seeing on the 2.640.0000002.0.R firmware with microSD cards.

Currently at 2 days uptime and counting across all 3 and nothing untoward sent to the syslog server.

Mark P

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's my experience in case it helps others:

I bought a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy to add to my Lorex 4K 8-camera kit.

I have a cable modem > router (non-wifi) > POE Switch > LOREX/Dahua NVR
Cameras are plugged into NVR, everything else hardwired in house goes into Switch.

I plugged the camera into NVR thinking it would just work. No dice. When viewing that camera in the NVR it said "10.1.1.67 conf.LoginErrorNo-18" on otherwise black screen. I believe I saw the same on the FlirCloud software on my PC.

I do see it in the "Remote Device" section in NVR, and it shows it with a 10.1.1.67 IP address. It shows it as not activated as indicated by the red dot instead of green dot. If I edit the entry, I don't see much of value that I can alter. I tried changing the port from 37777 to 35000 just to be the like the other Lorex cameras, but that didn't seem to do anything. It wasn't clear to me if that password field was for me to *assign* a password or enter one. In hindsight, I see that it's to enter the one that you need to set in the camera directly. I also tried to do a search in the top half of that page, and once found, click on that camera and then "Add". That lead to duplicate entries in the lower part of that form, but now with "35000" instead of the Port# (of the enthernet connection on back of NVR.) That doesn't seem to lead anywhere either.

I then connected the camera directly to my Switch and then tried the supposed default 192.168.1.108 in IE (and Chrome) on a PC plugged into the Switch, but nothing loaded in the webpage (it just timed out).

I also installed the Config Tool on my PC and that only found the NVR, not this camera (I wondered if it should find the other cameras plugged into the NVR, but wasn't sure).

I checked my router management page and this camera did not show up as connect (MAC address wasn't listed). I removed all other devices from Switch leaving just PC and Camera into Switch and the router identified the Switch and PC as present, but not the Camera. (Somewhere after this I believe I plugged everything back in, but don't recall exactly.)

I then tried going to 10.1.1.67 in IE (and Chrome) on my PC (connected to Switch) with the camera connected to the NVR, then also again with camera plugged directly into Switch. Neither got anywhere.

I then tried resetting the camera, thinking maybe the NVR changed the IP address to 10.* and that it needed to be back to 192.168.* for me to be able to access it when both it and the PC are both plugged into the Switch. I opened it up carefully and held down the reset button until the green LED went out and tried again with IE/Chrome using 192.168.1.108 with both Camera and PC connected to Switch, but still didn't work. I probably had NVR connected to Switch also at that point so I wonder if the NVR accessed the Camera through the Switch, quicker than I did, and put it back to 10.*. I'm not sure.

Checking back to the "Remote Device" section in NVR, I saw the camera again with 10.* just like before.

Now this time, I plugged my PC into the NVR, and also the Camera into the NVR. Now both the Config Tool and a webpage opened to 10.1.1.67 in IE were able to access this camera (as well as all cameras plugged into NVR).

Now I was able to create a new password for the Camera in the webpage, login to the webpage and see the feed, settings, etc.

As I went back to the NVR, I now noticed screen had a different error message for that camera. It now said something about "lockout" maybe referencing "password", I don't recall.

Then I went back to "Remote Device" section in NVR, edited the camera entry with the new password I just set in it through web interface, then some amount of time (minutes?) later it showed up. I tested another camera and putting in a wrong password in the Remote Device page, and then correcting it resulted in the camera quickly connecting and status icon during green. However with the new camera and first time entering the new password, it took notably longer to connect, maybe a minute or more. Those were tense moments with fingers crossed, but all worked out.

I then resulted in a black screen view for that camera in some situations (>4 in a grid?, remote viewing, etc). I went in to the Camera Settings and set the FPS to 15 in both the Main Stream as well as Substream #1 (which were both enabled already), and then also enabled Substream #2 (Called "Display Stream" in some interfaces) and set to 15 FPS as well. I modified some other setting as well to match the other LOREX cameras, but I believe this is what allowed me to view the Camera, which now shows up in all situations same as other cameras (various grid configurations directly in NVR monitor, various grid configurations in FlirCloud viewing from PC, and also in Lorex Secure Android App.)

Hope this helps others in similar situation.

Regards,
Mark

PS - When I buy the next camera, I will remove the NVR from the network and plug the Camera directly into the Switch and see if I can access it with the supposed default 192.168.1.108 IP via webpage.

ReXT

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

Does Andy @EMPIRETECANDY or anyone else know why there are two branches of firmware being developed by Dahua?

The IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras I recently purchased came with firmware 2.622.0000000.23.R, Build Date: 2018-03-30. Newer firmware branch 2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23 was posted by Andy a while ago that includes automatic Day/Night profile switching & PAL/NTSC configuration among other things. Then this, the most recent firmware 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13, no longer has the automatic Day/Night profile switching & PAL/NTSC configuration, and is obviously an evolution of the firmware branch that the cameras shipped with.

So why two separate branches are being developed? Is the .622 perhaps "release" and .640 "experimental", with the intent to migrate everything to .640 eventually?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Mark P

n3wb
Reaction score
I wondered similar when I grabbed one of the above 8/13 bins and it didn't have both PAL/NTSC options from the dropdown. I had expected that in all newer firmware. When I read Andy's post above, I thought the two bins were for "with Dahua logo or no logo", but then closer inspection of the filenames reveals the are for PAL or NTSC.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I wondered similar when I grabbed one of the above 8/13 bins and it didn't have both PAL/NTSC options from the dropdown. I had expected that in all newer firmware. When I read Andy's post above, I thought the two bins were for "with Dahua logo or no logo", but then closer inspection of the filenames reveals the are for PAL or NTSC.
Yes, Mulit languages belong to different Firmware team. Normally the English ones has the newest.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's my experience in case it helps others:

I bought a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE from Andy to add to my Lorex 4K 8-camera kit.

I have a cable modem > router (non-wifi) > POE Switch > LOREX/Dahua NVR
Cameras are plugged into NVR, everything else hardwired in house goes into Switch.

I plugged the camera into NVR thinking it would just work. No dice. When viewing that camera in the NVR it said "10.1.1.67 conf.LoginErrorNo-18" on otherwise black screen. I believe I saw the same on the FlirCloud software on my PC.

I do see it in the "Remote Device" section in NVR, and it shows it with a 10.1.1.67 IP address. It shows it as not activated as indicated by the red dot instead of green dot. If I edit the entry, I don't see much of value that I can alter. I tried changing the port from 37777 to 35000 just to be the like the other Lorex cameras, but that didn't seem to do anything. It wasn't clear to me if that password field was for me to *assign* a password or enter one. In hindsight, I see that it's to enter the one that you need to set in the camera directly. I also tried to do a search in the top half of that page, and once found, click on that camera and then "Add". That lead to duplicate entries in the lower part of that form, but now with "35000" instead of the Port# (of the enthernet connection on back of NVR.) That doesn't seem to lead anywhere either.

I then connected the camera directly to my Switch and then tried the supposed default 192.168.1.108 in IE (and Chrome) on a PC plugged into the Switch, but nothing loaded in the webpage (it just timed out).

I also installed the Config Tool on my PC and that only found the NVR, not this camera (I wondered if it should find the other cameras plugged into the NVR, but wasn't sure).

I checked my router management page and this camera did not show up as connect (MAC address wasn't listed). I removed all other devices from Switch leaving just PC and Camera into Switch and the router identified the Switch and PC as present, but not the Camera. (Somewhere after this I believe I plugged everything back in, but don't recall exactly.)

I then tried going to 10.1.1.67 in IE (and Chrome) on my PC (connected to Switch) with the camera connected to the NVR, then also again with camera plugged directly into Switch. Neither got anywhere.

I then tried resetting the camera, thinking maybe the NVR changed the IP address to 10.* and that it needed to be back to 192.168.* for me to be able to access it when both it and the PC are both plugged into the Switch. I opened it up carefully and held down the reset button until the green LED went out and tried again with IE/Chrome using 192.168.1.108 with both Camera and PC connected to Switch, but still didn't work. I probably had NVR connected to Switch also at that point so I wonder if the NVR accessed the Camera through the Switch, quicker than I did, and put it back to 10.*. I'm not sure.

Checking back to the "Remote Device" section in NVR, I saw the camera again with 10.* just like before.

Now this time, I plugged my PC into the NVR, and also the Camera into the NVR. Now both the Config Tool and a webpage opened to 10.1.1.67 in IE were able to access this camera (as well as all cameras plugged into NVR).

Now I was able to create a new password for the Camera in the webpage, login to the webpage and see the feed, settings, etc.

As I went back to the NVR, I now noticed screen had a different error message for that camera. It now said something about "lockout" maybe referencing "password", I don't recall.

Then I went back to "Remote Device" section in NVR, edited the camera entry with the new password I just set in it through web interface, then some amount of time (minutes?) later it showed up. I tested another camera and putting in a wrong password in the Remote Device page, and then correcting it resulted in the camera quickly connecting and status icon during green. However with the new camera and first time entering the new password, it took notably longer to connect, maybe a minute or more. Those were tense moments with fingers crossed, but all worked out.

I then resulted in a black screen view for that camera in some situations (>4 in a grid?, remote viewing, etc). I went in to the Camera Settings and set the FPS to 15 in both the Main Stream as well as Substream #1 (which were both enabled already), and then also enabled Substream #2 (Called "Display Stream" in some interfaces) and set to 15 FPS as well. I modified some other setting as well to match the other LOREX cameras, but I believe this is what allowed me to view the Camera, which now shows up in all situations same as other cameras (various grid configurations directly in NVR monitor, various grid configurations in FlirCloud viewing from PC, and also in Lorex Secure Android App.)

Hope this helps others in similar situation.

Regards,
Mark

PS - When I buy the next camera, I will remove the NVR from the network and plug the Camera directly into the Switch and see if I can access it with the supposed default 192.168.1.108 IP via webpage.
About several months ago, all Dahua firmware was updated to require camera initialization with the Dahua Config Tool first. So when you get cams from Andy now, you can’t access via the web interface until it is initialized with the Config Tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
About several months ago, all Dahua firmware was updated to require camera initialization with the Dahua Config Tool first. So when you get cams from Andy now, you can’t access via the web interface until it is initialized with the Config Tool.

You can activate cams just fine with the Webgui and default address.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did the firmware upgrade + a factory reset after the update, but i noticed, that in "Profile Management" the profile for day/night (the one that sets the day or night settings automatically) is gone indeed..

That's a bummer...

Last edited:

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can activate cams just fine with the Webgui and default address.
OK; maybe I never tried it that way the last time I got cameras, or I may have misunderstood what Andy said at the time

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did the firmware upgrade + a factory reset after the update, but i noticed, that in "Profile Management" the profile for day/night (the one that sets the day or night settings automatically) is gone indeed..

That's a bummer...

It appears that will happen when going from a 2.640. to a 2.622.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally! (I was on the 2017 firmware previous) When I edit DAY/NIGHT profiles the fields actually change when you switch the dropbox back and forth. Previous when you switched which profile you were editing..nothing changed...now it works as one would expect.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded from 2.622.0000000.23.R_2018-03-30 to this new firmware and I lost SSA (Smart Scene Adaptive) from the backlight options. I liked SSA the most. Actually the camera specs don't even mention it. Looks like it is available in the Ultra series. It was in the original firmware that my camera came with. The camera is IPC-HDW5831R-ZE.

Did anyone else have SSA in the earlier firmware in any of the cameras listed in the OP? I wonder if I get it back if I downgrade the firmware. I can't find that particular version but I found the 622.0-0.18.R.20171110 on the Dahua website.

UPDATE: I downgraded to 622.0000000.18.R.20171110 and the SSA is back. I wonder why they removed it or why it was there when it's not in the specs.

Last edited: