Heeeeeeelp!

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if an Dahua NVR (DH-NVR5208-8P) works with Microseven and IPCC products? I can't seem to locate a compatibility list before making a purchase. I learned a hard lesson in trusting a product that says its ONVIF compatible without receiving a compatibility list. When the NVR showed up it totally didn't work with my cameras....time wasted....you know time is money!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to ensure 100 percent compatibility is to match the cameras to NVR...If time is money i would return the microseven cameras as a start...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the NVR have an ability to create a custom connection, using RTSP, like a Hikvision NVR?
Worth trying if you haven't done so.
And find out all about the camera using the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Compatibility speaking, I agree with you Fenderman to ensure a system will work is to keep all components from the same brand however, even you have to agree typically the "hybrid" systems acheive the real expectation one wants from their camera system. Being unfamiliar with ONVIF and its meaning, I banking that two ONVIF devices should be compatibile.

Q-See NVR just didn't do it for me. Nothing against the NVR but it wouldn't show the picture of the camera it did see on the network nor allow me to change it's settings. As for manipulating the system using RTSP, I tried adding my PTZ camera manually because the system never picked it up but it was stuck in the "connecting" process. I believe that may have been my fault for not knowing the IP address on the PTZ camera. Which leaves me to a question....does IP cameras have their own IP addresses built in?

If you say Hikivision had the capability to add cameras to the system manually then I think I will have to explore that avenue.

Judging by all your "thanks", having more experience people like you and Alastairstevenson in great forums such as this assisting us "novice types" through setbacks is worth its weight in gold. I appreciate the help....and of course I will be picking your brains again in the near future.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your assumption that onvif is a standard that is 100 percent cross compatible is incorrect...Most of the time, you can cross use hikvision and dahua, but all it takes is a firmware update and you are screwed..then there is the issue of motion detection, even if the cameras work they may not properly pass the motion detection event to the NVR...
I believe that the qsee would at least be able to record your microseven cameras continuously...motion detection may or may not work..the problem you have is with the network setup...
Every camera just like every device on your network must have a unique ip address...the address is not "built in" so to speak but some cameras come configured with a static ip address that MUST be changed before you can use it with your NVR or network...
You should be able to add cameras to the qsee NVR just like you can the hikvision and dahua...

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahhhhh....I see. I was able to input information for my PTZ but when the NVR asked for an IP address I was to be honest clueless to what needed to be inputted. For example: I saw the NVR which was hooked to the network had an address of xxx.xxx.xxx.13 so I put the ptz address as xxx.xxx.xxx.x14 hoping it would talk to the NVR. All it did was say "connecting".

Looking at the Microseven camera through the ONVIF Device manager the ONVIF version is 2.01. Is there a way to update that to the latest and greatest?

I did see the NVR had an IP address....when I hooked the Microseven into the NVR it had the same IP address as the NVR (xxx.xxx.xxx.100) and when I hooked the other Microseven up to the system it took on an IP address of (xxx.xxx.xxx.101). Either way I couldn't go in the system to change it then again is that something I shouldn't be messing with in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
I was actually looking for a POE NVR......I think that was the issue I had with the Q-See, it wouldn't allow me to go into the settings of the camera it did see. The fact that the NVR assigned the camera an IP address but not show a picture means the ONVIF between the camera and NVR were not of the same version?

Just to make sure I'm picking up what you laying down:
On the next NVR I purchase I need to get all its info (login info, http port, and rtsp port, built in IP address , etc) and mirror that info into my camera? That's if the system allows me to go in and change it correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I purchased Blue Iris or Synology program what does it allow me to do?
It will allow you to use your pc as an NVR...synology is not a pc program..they make NAS storage devices that can run their NVR software called surveillance station...they usually give you one or two licenses for free and each additional license is 50 dollars per camera...

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
Need Verification: On how to setup IP camera system

5 Cameras (3 stationary/2 PTZ) plug into POE switch which plugs into the router which if using Blue Iris software I should be able to set up, manage cameras and send recording to a NAS station attached to the computer?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Need Verification: On how to setup IP camera system

5 Cameras (3 stationary/2 PTZ) plug into POE switch which plugs into the router which if using Blue Iris software I should be able to set up, manage cameras and send recording to a NAS station attached to the computer?
yes

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome....thanks a ton!!!!
This is obviously assuming that the cameras support poe-802.3af...the microsevens dont..but I believe you stated they supply a poe splitter...and if you were able to power them from the NVR then a poe switch will work..

skilltpa

n3wb
Reaction score
The Microseven M7D12 claims it supports POE-802.3af but the splitter accompanied the IPCAM PTZ camera. I think I will try the NAS setup with the Blue Iris program since it seems it's going to be difficult to find an NVR that will work with both my brands of cameras. Do you have any recommendations on NAS brands? I know I won't be using Synology since I'll have to pay for camera licenses.

harriska2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 microseven m7b77. I have them on POE with a TP Link 4 powered/4 unpowered router running to an i7 dedicated blue iris server. It does everything I need which isn't that much. I like Blue Iris except I couldn't get it to stay up on Windows 10 so I'm using Windows 7 right now. I know this is an old discussion but I'm trying to get to 5 posts so I can get a catalog...