Hell Yeah! Direct Deepstack Integration - 5.4.0 - March 31, 2021

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just to know what is your GPU idle temp?
Maybe a change of paste and clean on mine as it is not a new model, is ti?

Mine is around 57/58c idling.
GTX 970 Strix series

I'm guessing flow issues - only 1 small fan at the back - I'm going to install a couple of exhaust fans on the top.
I've taken the glass side off for now.

I know the fans don't kick in until 60 so nothing critical I think.

We've had hot weather this week also.

51c with an extra spare USB fan blowing in there. Looks like I need some exhaust fans on the top
That looks OK to me, maybe a touch high but we are only talking a few degrees, my 1660 idles around 52, not the same chipset I know but just for reference

1635590541229.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks OK to me, maybe a touch high but we are only talking a few degrees, my 1660 idles around 52, not the same chipset I know but just for reference

View attachment 106550
good to know as I was getting concerned looking at stats on the articles:
(I guess a good clean and some new paste on the conductor wouldn't harm anything). A good service.

Full Furmark test the temp barely went above 60c.

1635600445058.png

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
good to know as I was getting concerned looking at stats on the articles:
(I guess a good clean and some new paste on the conductor wouldn't harm anything). A good service.

Full Furmark test the temp barely went above 60c.

View attachment 106567
It won't hurt and you might gain a small drop in temp. Be careful looking at tests, different brand equals different cooler, some are average, some good and others excellent. EVGA, Gigabyte and MSi have made some excellent coolers over the years, some newer ones are not so great, mine included :lmao: but you take what you can get at the moment. Given the choice I would have picked either Gigabyte or Msi for the 1660, both nice cooler designs, but the EVGA was in stock and it does the job, beggars can't be choosers at the moment as you know. Cards I was supplying two years ago are now being manufactured again with a 50% price increase, more in some cases :wtf: - it is both sad and annoying.

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this bracket where a small fan can be attached also directly adjacent the card. I'll relocate the hdd and put a small fan here that blows directly on the card in addition to the top exhaust fan

Attachments

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this bracket where a small fan can be attached also directly adjacent the card. I'll relocate the hdd and put a small fan here that blows directly on the card in addition to the top exhaust fan
If that cooler heat pipe is anything to go by I'd say that Asus should be running pretty nice temps, looks a good size. Unless they made a mess of the heatsink itself I'd say things are looking good. What kind of temp is the CPU running at out of interest, more fans certainly won't hurt.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If that cooler heat pipe is anything to go by I'd say that Asus should be running pretty nice temps, looks a good size. Unless they made a mess of the heatsink itself I'd say things are looking good. What kind of temp is the CPU running at out of interest, more fans certainly won't hurt.
With the side off and a small usb fan blowing inside the case around 50/51c.
Side glass on and with only a small slow rear fan around 58-60. Heat builds up in the case.
Need the extra exhaust fans if I'm to put the side glass on.
Most of the higher spec pcs I saw had 3 front fans and a rear fan with gpu cards. Mine came with just the ryzen 5 3400g integrated amd Radeon so stayed cool before the addition of this huge beast inside

Plus my office gets hot without the air con on

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With the side off and a small usb fan blowing inside the case around 50/51c.
Side glass on and with only a small slow rear fan around 58-60. Heat builds up in the case.
Need the extra exhaust fans if I'm to put the side glass on.
Most of the higher spec pcs I saw had 3 front fans and a rear fan with gpu cards. Mine came with just the ryzen 5 3400g integrated amd Radeon so stayed cool before the addition of this huge beast inside

Plus my office gets hot without the air con on
OK, that makes sense, ideally you want a couple of intakes and one exhaust, assume the PSU will make up the difference in most cases. I am a sucker for fans, normally throw my money Noctua's direction for both case and CPU coolers. Plenty of air flow keeps most components happier, my CPU's can get full load and they rarely budge above 53, the same CPU with factory (Intel) cooler would be closer to 75 or above.

You might be struggling a bit more since i assume you have a smaller PSU which will move less air, intake might be the main issue though. Will be interesting to see how much difference the new exhaust fans make :thumb:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running a total of six intakes and two exhaust. One of the exhaust fans is a 200CFM on a variable speed controller. I can keep the fan noise fairly low and the BI machine is at the opposite end of the house so it isn't too noisy unless I'm in the room at the console. Then it's a little like a server room.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK, that makes sense, ideally you want a couple of intakes and one exhaust, assume the PSU will make up the difference in most cases. I am a sucker for fans, normally throw my money Noctua's direction for both case and CPU coolers. Plenty of air flow keeps most components happier, my CPU's can get full load and they rarely budge above 53, the same CPU with factory (Intel) cooler would be closer to 75 or above.

You might be struggling a bit more since i assume you have a smaller PSU which will move less air, intake might be the main issue though. Will be interesting to see how much difference the new exhaust fans make :thumb:
Bought a new psu. 650w +80 bronze.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running a total of six intakes and two exhaust. One of the exhaust fans is a 200CFM on a variable speed controller. I can keep the fan noise fairly low and the BI machine is at the opposite end of the house so it isn't too noisy unless I'm in the room at the console. Then it's a little like a server room.
That is a lot of fans :lol: my older machine has two 80mm intakes and two 80mm exhausts then two 140mm on the CPU cooler, newer one has two 92mm intakes and one larger 140mm exhaust then single 120mm on the cooler, both running Noctua fans and coolers, both barely audible unless you are within 2-3 feet and even then it would depend upon hearing sensitivity :lmao:

I've been supplying and building these things for long enough now and I cannot tolerate noisy fans, there are very few excuses for them unless size really is an issue. I know in server rooms/cupboards it doesn't matter much. I am still getting over the noise from my WD Purple Pro drive, it's blending in more now but long term something is going to be done :banghead: :lmao:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Full size cabinet. Mini atx board
Thought you were referring to the power supply unit
So full size cabinet with full size PSU, that should help get some air out. What is the best you can do on intake fans?

You have ATX and SFX power supplies, basically ATX is just full size :thumb: SFX or SFF are for the small form factor cases.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately don't think I can fit an intake fan. The front has a couple of grills, top and bottom at 45 degrees, and an led system (off).
Probably would need to find a replacement front face for the cabinet.
I'll try with the extra 2 top exhaust fans (plus rear). Possibly a small fan inside also blowing directly on the gpu. Noise isn't a factor for me, it's in the office and while working I have music on anyway

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately don't think I can fit an intake fan. The front has a couple of grills, top and bottom at 45 degrees, and an led system (off).
Probably would need to find a replacement front face for the cabinet.
I'll try with the extra 2 top exhaust fans (plus rear). Possibly a small fan inside also blowing directly on the gpu. Noise isn't a factor for me, it's in the office and while working I have music on anyway
Oh, that is annoying, shame but hopefully the additional exhausts with another blowing on the GPU will help things. Noisy computers never used to bother me much but things change and now I like close to silence, you can hear the music better as well :lmao: :lmao: :headbang:

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot the fans on the PSU, two 120mm, and the two on the CPU cooler, also 120mm. The PSU is an EVGA 850 Gold.
Sounds like you have a nice CPU cooler and plenty of air moving around, I promote Noctua when I can, expensive but very good. PSU should be good, I'm Seasonic or BeQuiet biased normally but EVGA are excellent brand with similar warranty. Always recommend buying the best PSU possible, no point having a nice computer powered by a wobbly engine :lol:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a nice CPU cooler and plenty of air moving around, I promote Noctua when I can, expensive but very good. PSU should be good, I'm Corsair or BeQuiet biased normally but EVGA are excellent brand with similar warranty. Always recommend buying the best PSU possible, no point having a nice computer powered by a wobbly engine :lol:
Same applies to your car.
Miss my V6 3.0 jag.
Idled at 2200 rpm at 75mph.so quiet

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Might be easier just to buy a new cabinet. This one comes with 3 fans for 59 bucks
Can of worms being opened, GPU's...easy, PSU's...easy, cases... :wow:

NZXT 510/710 :thumb:

My system crashed overnight and again today, first time in years, GPU must not be happy :facepalm: driver issue maybe, updated so fingers crossed.