Hello and a question

camnewbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a Costco Lorex LHV828 (LVH 2008) NVR and six cameras. The system works but the software drives me crazy. Aside from the general low quality, I'm specifically at a loss as to how to efficiently search a multi-hour range. The Lorex software will display a list of motion detect clips, but they have to be viewed one by one - no continuous play across clips - and it doesn't preserve the fast-motion setting between plays.

My question is whether there's better software for use with this system (paid or not), or whether the next step up involves building something custom. I generally use Mac and IPad, but other platforms would be ok. I've done a fair amount of googling and not come up with anything clear.

Thanks for any help or pointers to existing sources.

Best,
Gary

D-Money

n3wb
Reaction score
You can run those cameras though a program many of us members use. It is called Blue Iris. Personally I love it! My mother also uses Lorex with her 16 camera system and it is such a chore. Do some searching on here about "blue Iris" if your interested.

camnewbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, D-Money. I'll have to see if Blue Iris can get the video streams directly from this NVR, or if I'll need capture boards. They look expensive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, D-Money. I'll have to see if Blue Iris can get the video streams directly from this NVR, or if I'll need capture boards. They look expensive.
You can pull the streams from the nvr or better yet, direct from the camera. Capture cards are only used for old analog camera.