Hello and Thank You

svc

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a wealth of information here on this forum. I currently have Arlo Pro cameras, which are so convenient to use, but they are not adequate for my needs. I was initially thinking of getting a Lorex 6x 4K security camera system from Costco. However, after spending some time reading the forum and the Wiki notes, I am thinking that I should first start out slowly by getting one IP camera to play with. I will probably get a Dahua 2MP camera IPC_HDW5231R-ZE and a PFA137 junction box from EmpireTecAndy. I am also leaning toward getting a POE switch (probably Zyxel GS1900-8HP or GS1200-8HP) since i may want to explore using Blue Iris.

I also want to acknowledge mat200 because his contribution to Slickdeals forum helped guide noob like me and probably many others toward seriously considering POE IP cameras. Thank you all for sharing your time and knowledge. It’s much appreciated.

-- Sean

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a wealth of information here on this forum. I currently have Arlo Pro cameras, which are so convenient to use, but they are not adequate for my needs. I was initially thinking of getting a Lorex 6x 4K security camera system from Costco. However, after spending some time reading the forum and the Wiki notes, I am thinking that I should first start out slowly by getting one IP camera to play with. I will probably get a Dahua 2MP camera IPC_HDW5231R-ZE and a PFA137 junction box from EmpireTecAndy. I am also leaning toward getting a POE switch (probably Zyxel GS1900-8HP or GS1200-8HP) since i may want to explore using Blue Iris.

I also want to acknowledge mat200 because his contribution to Slickdeals forum helped guide noob like me and probably many others toward seriously considering POE IP cameras. Thank you all for sharing your time and knowledge. It’s much appreciated.

-- Sean
Welcome Sean,

Good to have you join us, and happy to help others out and share what I have been learning.

I have to thank all the great folks here who have helped me learn more about security cameras, I'm still learning a lot and happy to see that you can leverage the knowledge and experiences being shared here as i recall what a challenge I had attempting to figure this all out.