Hello cameras enthusiasts

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Mark and I'm from Auckland, NZ.
I'm an electronics geek and is currently looking at getting some better cameras.

I mostly hang out on another forum site (which uses the same base as this site) about Christmas light displays, I'm a nut for spending all my money on lights.
As you can image, cctv if vital for watching over a display for deterrent and evidence collecting.
I currently have a setup of two cameras and a DVR which I got given, the image quality is terrible.

My ideal setup is to have a fixed camera for the driveway, a PTZ on the corner to overlook all areas, another fixed camera over the lawn and yet another fixed camera (small) over the front door. I would use the PTZ manual over christmas time when i'm inside and all other times it will look over the driveway and preset to driveway or lawn when their fixed cameras detect motion, the PTZ in mind also has auto tracking which will be useful.

So far i'm looking at a Dahua package with a 4 channel NVR (PoE) with two 4mp turret cameras and purchasing a mini PTZ and small turret or dome for the front door in the future.
The NVR is a very low cost version which only features one HDD to a max of 6TB so i'll have to use motion detection and pre-alarm recording.
I am being open minded but my budget is very slim.

My networking abilities are limited so I will use this site for guidance. I don't plan on needing remote access outside of my home network but I do plan for inside my network, I will have strong passwords no matter what though!

I also apologise if i'm not actively on this site and I will try my best to timely respond to threads and posts with a reasonable answer.
Thanks! :)