Hello From Grand Cayman & It is Hurricane Season :(

GeoStigma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for having me.

I'm seeking some assistance please with selecting a new computer for Blueiris, with 20 * RLC-822A 4K cameras.

I wanted to know if a PC with the below specs would be adequate?

SPECS:

Processor
& Memory:
10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core Processor at 2.9GHz > Max Turbo Frequency 4.80 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM

Communications:
KILLER Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) + Bluetooth® 5.1
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

Drives:
1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
10TB WD Purple Surveillance Internal Hard
512GB PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive

Graphics:
Intel UHD Graphics 630

Thanks in advance,
Geo

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Should be plenty of Power. I have the same Graphics 630 i beleive on my i5-8500, with about 15 cams. please find the Intel driver from March 2020 ( i think) to avoid memory. cpu creep.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

That is way overkill for 12 cameras. An i7, 6th generation or newer will do the trick. Be prepared for problems with Reolink cameras and Blue Iris. I'm not saying you will have problems but it's more than likely you will. Reolink plays too many games with framer rate, iframe rate and shutter speed. Blue Iris depends on constant frame and iframe rates for motion dtetction. A slow shutter at night to get a "good picture" result in heavy motion blur.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

GeoStigma

n3wb
Reaction score
Should be plenty of Power. I have the same Graphics 630 i beleive on my i5-8500, with about 15 cams. please find the Intel driver from March 2020 ( i think) to avoid memory. cpu creep.
Thanks for the recommendation on "the Intel driver from March 2020 ( i think) to avoid memory. cpu creep.

Much appreciated,
Geo

GeoStigma

n3wb
Reaction score
:welcome:

That is way overkill for 12 cameras. An i7, 6th generation or newer will do the trick. Be prepared for problems with Reolink cameras and Blue Iris. I'm not saying you will have problems but it's more than likely you will. Reolink plays too many games with framer rate, iframe rate and shutter speed. Blue Iris depends on constant frame and iframe rates for motion dtetction. A slow shutter at night to get a "good picture" result in heavy motion blur.
Thank you for your reply I feel much more comfortable now before purchasing my PC. :)

GeoStigma

n3wb
Reaction score
send the reolink junk cameras back. They are next to useless for night video and general security. They also do not play well with BI.
please read the 100;s of post on reolink cameras.

============================
Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris
Blue Iris Update Helper
PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - CPU Mega Page - Detailed List of Benchmarked CPUs
====================================
Please tell me you're joking, they have already been purchase and shipped. Too late now I'm going to have to make them work somehow.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have a look at this thread in particular -

Compiled by mat200 -

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
He only asked if the Computer was good for 20 cameras, so I said yes. I can't go down the Reolink rabbit hole, due to lack of knowledge, Figuring maybe he had 20 reolinks already. so I left that part of the answer out, waited for the other shoe(s) to drop in.... :)
Have they ever addressed there glaring short comings in performance?

GeoStigma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have a look at this thread in particular -

Compiled by mat200 -
Reading thread now and so far very interesting... I did see that same YouTuber praising Reolink cameras!!!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. Took it to recycling a while back. My best guess is it's in a landfill somewhere.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We all started out knowing Jack, about Cameras and surveillance at some point. I've probably spent 700 bucks in the wrong places out of ignorance. ( 2 Jidetech Ptz's) $300ish
1 Costco Nightowl system ( $300 ish) 1- 24 port Cisco 802.3af switch where only 12 ports have Poe :banghead:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We all learn the hard way. My first camera was WiFi. That lasted a whole three days and got returned. Next up was a 720P on a 1/3" sensor. Then the Reolink, 2MP on a 1/3" sensor. Next were two SV3C (also in the landfill) 2MP. Then I found out about Dahua and haven't looked back. So total for me has been about $500 on cameras and $150 on a crappy, my opinion anyway, BVTech switch that toasted after about 18 months with a load of under 40 watts.