Hello from Lafayette LA

Reaction score
Hello,
I am basically an IT manager with over 20 years experience. Camera security has been a part of my responsibility.
My biggest implementation was the complete outfitting of five schools in a 5,500 child school district where I served as Technology Director for 17.5 years.
I have since retired from the public school system and now manage IT for a freight company with six locations in Louisiana and Mississippi. We have just completed an HIKVISION installation at a new office location.
I hope to learn from others and hopefully I can contribute to others who might be needing support from my experiences.
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope to learn from others and hopefully I can contribute to others who might be needing support from my experiences.
Welcome to the forum, David.
It's good when it works both ways - we all benefit.

We have just completed an HIKVISION installation at a new office location.
I'd wonder how much of the system design went into mitigating the potential for intrusion due to device vunlerabilities, which are not just limited to Hikvision products.

Presumably you know this, and it's deliberate. Treat this as constructive ...
You have quite an extensive digital footprint, and in particular your Facebook account is wide open.
Back in the day, or even now, that would make it so easy for those researchers to construct the portfolio that enables a successful spear-fishing exploit.