Hello from Michigan looking for a PTZ outdoor camera

TY2185

n3wb
Reaction score
Google serarch bought me here many times so I decided to join.
I have two systems a Lorex NVR900 series I've had for years and a new NAS from Synology.
Looking for high optical zoom IP PTZ auto tracking camera compatible with both systems or for sure one that works with the Synology NAS.
In the mean time I will continue to search.

Wade

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not know how it would work with your NAS but the most least expensive PTZ with auto tracking available at this time is the Loryta SD49225XA-HNR which is sold by EmpireTech-Andy who is active on these forums. Note that to keep auto tracking you MUST NOT upgrade to the newer firmware. Do not fall for the cheaper versions on Ebay as their advertising is very deceiving.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm working with Andy to pick up a refurished unit. I've been reading about the firmware issue also!
Looks like you got some good replies. Definitely share what it takes to get it to work with the Lorex NVR and the NAS
( should be fairly easy as it meets the typical specs .. sometimes you do need to sync the IP, ports, user / password settings .. )

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice, I picked that camera up as well, and also plan on using it with my Synology NAS. Curious to hear which NAS you are using, and how it works out for you. I wasn't sure how the Surveillance Station would handle this type of PTZ, but I have high hopes.

TY2185

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice, I picked that camera up as well, and also plan on using it with my Synology NAS. Curious to hear which NAS you are using, and how it works out for you. I wasn't sure how the Surveillance Station would handle this type of PTZ, but I have high hopes.
I have a 420+ NAS. I've been using a SUNBA PTZ 507-20XB with Surveillance Station with some luck. The camera will drop out and needs power cycling too often to reconnect.
I could never get the Sunba to work with my Lorex system. So I came here looking for a better camera and the refub unit came up and I jumped on it.
Should get it this week. I'll start a new thread with my results.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would also download the latest Surveillance station. I may even have a beta version, and on my Macbook Pro I have the latest version of the interface/app. Heads and shoulders better than the old one I think. I'm on DSM 7 as well, which I'd guess you've already upgraded to.

The Color4K- was a bugger to configure and it took me far too long to realize there was a Mac app I could download. Once I did that though, it put an end to chasing my tail. I'm hoping now that all that is in place, that setting up the new camera will be a breeze, by comparison.