Hello from NL

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Preparing for the next house i have some questions.

Most of the Hikvision camera's are working fine the time i used them. Only the wall mounted mini dome has issues with ir reflection in rain and bugs.

anyway i am going for dahua mini ptz cameras for the next setup, as i have to ask the house builder to prepare cable runs to camera positions. And than i will be more flexible with aiming the camera's.

New house will be free standing at the corner of a row of houses.

https://tweakers.net/ext/f/4078Bc3LrTBBB7IfTxS6u9ms/full.jpg

bottum side is the road, top side has some 6 meter deep and 16 meter wide garden with a fence around it.

Entry to garden is via left side gate between our house and neighbors garage and via doors in kitchen en garage.
Right side there is a house and garage doors and car parking (garage and car port and room before the carport)

So for the front the camera positions are clear.
1) under carport overlooking the path to the dooR. 2 cameras so i have both cars covered.
2) right side front of house (can be aimed at cars parked there or entry from the street.
3) left fron side of the house (not sure where to aim this one yet, but seem logical to prepare a camera connection there, perhaps leave it empty at beginning.
4) side of the house overlooking the fence between our house and the neighbor.
5) under veranda keeping eye on the door into kitchen

and than it becomes unclear.

position 6) would be to cover the door into the garage, but will leave a blind spot for most part of the garden.
the fence will be like 2 meter and a bit heigh (legal max size) and one could climb over it anywhere.

i can mount the ptz on the house 8 meter heigh on the top right corner (picture shows base floor only, the house first and second floor are only area where it lists "woonkamer" and "keuken")
So ptz overlooks flat roofs of garage, veranda and garden depending where i aim it.

i have seen a ivs demo of dahua where a overview camera spotted movement and the ptz follows that image.

edit: this one.
that would be nice solution, but have no idea of cost though.

Edit: so i came up with other idea: optex ir beam sensors to cover the perimiter of the garden.
Bought 3 sets, so i can cover the 3 sides of the garden and get alert if someone climbs across the fenece and enters illegally onto property.

I can than use the alarm trigger to have ptz cameras turn to a preset covering that side.

Attachments

Last edited: