Hello from Tennessee!

Reaction score
Hello to all, I am a seasoned audio/video installer. I have install lots of analog CCTV systems, and now have taken the step of taking on Ben Software, British made software for the Macintosh that turns it into a DVR. It is a leap to transform to IP cameras, and I am afraid I made a mistake when I ordered the Dalhua 4431R-Z. Nothing is working in getting the address right on the setup page. I have downloaded their confit tool, it sees nothing. I have setup the switch directly from the router as well as the camera, that doesn't work. Does anybody have a clue for me? I also used the UNIX command to search all addresses on the network, tried every one of those, still no luck. I can share a lot of info on audio and acoustics, and will enjoy mining this site for sure!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to all, I am a seasoned audio/video installer. I have install lots of analog CCTV systems, and now have taken the step of taking on Ben Software, British made software for the Macintosh that turns it into a DVR. It is a leap to transform to IP cameras, and I am afraid I made a mistake when I ordered the Dalhua 4431R-Z. Nothing is working in getting the address right on the setup page. I have downloaded their confit tool, it sees nothing. I have setup the switch directly from the router as well as the camera, that doesn't work. Does anybody have a clue for me? I also used the UNIX command to search all addresses on the network, tried every one of those, still no luck. I can share a lot of info on audio and acoustics, and will enjoy mining this site for sure!
Welcome Allen,

Do double check that you having the proper networking subnet.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Reaction score
I got the main hookup working by changed the input to the switch from the ethernet jack on the mac mini to an output of the main router. The camera is then plugged into the switch and is working. On a tip from Andy I switched to the Firefox browser and was able to change the address to 109 at the end so I could add another out of the box camera, so far that hasn't worked for me but I am sure I will figure it out and share with anyone here.....

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome.
The default IP for Dahua cams is 192.168.1.108.
So, you need to change that in the cams interface to something else, one cam at a time.
If you plug in more than one new cam at a time, then you have created an IP conflict, because they are all trying to use the same 192.168.1.108 address.

Read here: Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs