Hello! Need some help with NVR to NVR connection

MCDF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and need some help. I have set up two NVRs in different physical locations to each other but on the same network to allow for old coax cameras to still be used (without needing to run new cables - long story). Now one NVR has 8 coax cameras and 1 IP camera the other NVR has 3 coax cameras. The second NVR (with 3 cameras) is placed at a very unfortunate location and although I can see all images on laptop/phone I would like to have them on the security monitor as well.
The system is Hikvision (DS-7208HUHI-K1 and DS-7204HUHI-K1), and I have connected the secondary NVR to the first by adding its IP address. The first NVR seems to recognise it and know it has three cameras but the surveillance images both online as on the monitor are black. Online it sometimes comes up with an 'invalid encryption key' error but the encryption keys for both systems are the same.
Is anyone able to help? Did I add things wrong or did I miss a security feature somewhere stopping me from viewing the second NVRs remotely on the monitor connected to the first NVR?

Many thanks!!