Hello! Trying to take it all in!!

Neokane

n3wb
Reaction score
Whoa, there is a ton of information on this forum! It is great (yet can be overwhelming)
So, attached is a picture of my property.
My primary concern is access from the road (not very concerned to access from the neighboring fields)
I am thinking of using a IPC-HFW8232E-Z from the SE corner of my house pointed down the driveway.
and then using additional IPC-HDW5231-RZ cameras to cover other areas.

I have a few questions though..
I think BI would be the best option. ( I have an PC that is always on already (i7 2600k, 16GB ram, nVidia 580GTX, 100GB SDD and about 6 TB of storage from torrents(don't really use torrents much anymore))
Is there any issues using a daily PC for BI? (I do still use it for web browsing and PC games)

Any suggestions to best cover the shed door furthest south (camera facing north/northwest)?
(I do have wifi coverage in the shed from the house)

Any advice would great! Thanks for having such a great place to learn!

upload_2017-5-27_12-24-21.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whoa, there is a ton of information on this forum! It is great (yet can be overwhelming)
So, attached is a picture of my property.
My primary concern is access from the road (not very concerned to access from the neighboring fields)
I am thinking of using a IPC-HFW8232E-Z from the SE corner of my house pointed down the driveway.
and then using additional IPC-HDW5231-RZ cameras to cover other areas.

I have a few questions though..
I think BI would be the best option. ( I have an PC that is always on already (i7 2600k, 16GB ram, nVidia 580GTX, 100GB SDD and about 6 TB of storage from torrents(don't really use torrents much anymore))
Is there any issues using a daily PC for BI? (I do still use it for web browsing and PC games)

Any suggestions to best cover the shed door furthest south (camera facing north/northwest)?
(I do have wifi coverage in the shed from the house)

Any advice would great! Thanks for having such a great place to learn!

View attachment 18706
Welcome Neokane,

hopefully you found an answer to your BI questions in the BI section here.