Hello

chili_red

n3wb
Reaction score
Just want to say hello to everyone.
I recently purchased "and installed" a Dahua 50430UNI and the resources here have been very helpful on getting it set up "which isn't that simple".
The main reason I purchased this model was I wanted a dome PTZ due to the location I have it mounted, and mainly the price I got it for.

Has anyone had any experience with this model?

Thanks
Steve

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @chili_red

Look for the Dahua International model number on this and search the forum. You should be able to find a similar Dahua OEM version folks have been discussing.

FYI - for those wondering about this model...
1593207370119.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SD50430U-HNI

Also try searching within the threads, I only searched the titles and I found these two threads based on searching for model

Bench Testing a new SD50430U-HN. Not working properly..

and
SD50430U-HNI Auto Tracking Configs

In terms of firmware, I would see if Dahua USA has any updates for your model.

chili_red

n3wb
Reaction score
mat200

Yep, I've been searching through the forum for posts and reading all of them "and them some :)"

I did talk to Dahua US and they weren't much help other than saying what's on the camera is the latest version.
Me being curious I went ahead and installed the version Andy shows on one of his posts, "it's a considerably newer version" and all went well.
Going through the hard reset now and reconfiguring all the settings.
This is really a nice supplemental camera to my 4k system, so far I'm really enjoying tinkingering.

Thanks for the help
Steve

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey there!
I have this model too since 2019. it's a great device!

I noticed on the DahuaWiki website that they have a PTZ firmware download option, but no obvious way to actually install it. I've tried using the Firmware installer tool and while it works great for the "Camera" firmsware, it always gives me an error when I use the PTZ firmware binary.

I am hoping that with new firmware it can improve some of the PTZ speed sensitivity....

1659975198274.png