Hello

Kingdoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just a quick hello. Entering the forum of IP cam Talk as I have decided to learn to do myself. My current setup is 10 hikvision cams on and old dvr all set up by a local company but they are becoming useless, take them 3 weeks to come and do a change and even when they do they seem to take forever to ‘research’ and can’t give answers to basic questions,, so I have decided to just learn about it all to try to maintain and upgrade and learn software all myself. Hopefully this forum will be a great way to learn and I hope people on here are nice and community minded.
Have a nice weekend all.
Kingdoz

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just a quick hello. Entering the forum of IP cam Talk as I have decided to learn to do myself. My current setup is 10 hikvision cams on and old dvr all set up by a local company but they are becoming useless, take them 3 weeks to come and do a change and even when they do they seem to take forever to ‘research’ and can’t give answers to basic questions,, so I have decided to just learn about it all to try to maintain and upgrade and learn software all myself. Hopefully this forum will be a great way to learn and I hope people on here are nice and community minded.
Have a nice weekend all.
Kingdoz
Welcome @Kingdoz

Good to have you join us

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
:welcome:

Be sure to have a long, slow, read of the material in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page. It will fill you in on IP cameras and give you a solid grounding in how to get the most out of any system you choose to build. Of course, feel free to ask questions here. We have some true experts and a bunch of duffers with a lot of experience as well that willingly share knowledge.

Kingdoz

n3wb
Reaction score
:welcome:

Be sure to have a long, slow, read of the material in the Wiki, in the blue bar at the top of the page. It will fill you in on IP cameras and give you a solid grounding in how to get the most out of any system you choose to build. Of course, feel free to ask questions here. We have some true experts and a bunch of duffers with a lot of experience as well that willingly share knowledge.
many thanks.
Everything on the Wiki seems to be about Blue Iris (unless I’m doing something wrong as browsing with an iPad which doesn’t do hover over drop down menus very well). Is that some sort of open source system for cams or a IPCamtalk recommendation for people to start adopting? Many Thanks.