[HELP] 7616NI-E2/P8 won't detect DS-2CD3335-I camera

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been a lurking on this great forum for quite a while, finally decided to get 7616NI-E2/P8 (3.3.4) and a few DS-2CD3335-I (5.3.3) cameras for my new home.

Like the title suggested. NVR won't detect the cameras. I've tried to set the camera IP to 192.168.1.xx(no conflict) and 192.168.254.x, but they just won't show up in the NVR settings when they are connected directly to the POE ports on NVR(the orange and green lights do blink).
However, the camera with IP address 192.168.1.XX shows up in NVR when it is connected to the router directly with power supply. It shows up as the 9th camera and there is no image and no 'no link' either.
I've tried a few cat5e and cat6 cables, different ports on NVR, connecting power supply while the cameras are plugged in NVR and setting NVR IP address manually instead of DHCP.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lin

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would suggest the following steps all through the local menu:
1. Reset to default both the NVR and the camera (both devices should go to inactive state).
2. Activate the NVR first (set password according to the new password strategy), then set IP address of the NVR while leaving the Internal NIC address 192.168.254.1 intact.
3. Plug the camera to PoE port, then add it using the "One-touch Activation" and "One touch adding" button. The camera should become active then added, accepting the same NVR password.

That should be enough to see the camera. Afterwards you should activate "Virtual host" to have full access to the camera.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have a World Region NVR, and Chinese Region camera's, have you checked the camera are running English firmware?

1st try logging into your camera by connecting them to your router to check them you will have to Activate them 1st though, through SAPD.

Reaction score
I am facing the same issue. I got the cameras a few hours back and after connecting the camera, the IR light comes on, but not detectected by 7616NI-E2/P8 (3.3.1). No idea what the problem is. I do not have a power cable for the cameras (DS-2cd3335-i) either. The NVR works with another hikvision camera ds-2cd2232-i fine

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Reset to default both the NVR and the camera (both devices should go to inactive state).
2. Activate the NVR first (set password according to the new password strategy), then set IP address of the NVR while leaving the Internal NIC address 192.168.254.1 intact.
3. Plug the camera to PoE port, then add it using the "One-touch Activation" and "One touch adding" button. The camera should become active then added, accepting the same NVR password.

That should be enough to see the camera. Afterwards you should activate "Virtual host" to have full access to the camera.
That worked!!!!!
I did try to reset a few times before posting, the only thing I did this time resetting is set NVR password same as camera password, weird but worked. All automatic, didn't need to configure or manually add them.

But now another problem came up. I've done all the 4 port forwarding on my router. EAVIZ won't work cause it says my serial number does not exist, so I set it up under devices in the phone app. It detects all 3 cameras connected to the NVR, but only one shows image, one other says 'incorrect channel No.', and the other says 'data transmission error'. Same error for both LAN connection and 4G. They all work fine on the NVR itself and LAN web interface.
Any sugguestions?

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
I am facing the same issue. I got the cameras a few hours back and after connecting the camera, the IR light comes on, but not detectected by 7616NI-E2/P8 (3.3.1). No idea what the problem is. I do not have a power cable for the cameras (DS-2cd3335-i) either. The NVR works with another hikvision camera ds-2cd2232-i fine
You will need a power supply plugged in and plug the Ethernet cable to your router so SAPD can detect the camera. From there, change camera IP and check if the password on your 3335 is same as your 2232. If not, changing NVR password to 3335 password made them work for me.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But now another problem came up. I've done all the 4 port forwarding on my router. EAVIZ won't work cause it says my serial number does not exist, so I set it up under devices in the phone app. It detects all 3 cameras connected to the NVR, but only one shows image, one other says 'incorrect channel No.', and the other says 'data transmission error'. Same error for both LAN connection and 4G. They all work fine on the NVR itself and LAN web interface.
Any sugguestions?
You should have forwarded 8000 and 554 ports to the internal NVRs IP (port 80 also in case you use web access). Also you could disable UPnP service in the IP cameras - they could mess up with the port forwarding in the router.

In order to activate EZVIZ cloud service:
1. Make sure you've enveted valid gateway and DNS server (you can use Google's 8.8.8.8).
2. Disable HikDDNS service in case you use it (sometimes both HikDDNS and EZVIZ cannot work simultaneously).
3. Reboot the NVR, after that check in local menu status of the EZVIZ service, should be online.
4. Go to EZVIZ website and register the device using the security code. Now should work.

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
You should have forwarded 8000 and 554 ports to the internal NVRs IP (port 80 also in case you use web access). Also you could disable UPnP service in the IP cameras - they could mess up with the port forwarding in the router.

In order to activate EZVIZ cloud service:
1. Make sure you've enveted valid gateway and DNS server (you can use Google's 8.8.8.8).
2. Disable HikDDNS service in case you use it (sometimes both HikDDNS and EZVIZ cannot work simultaneously).
3. Reboot the NVR, after that check in local menu status of the EZVIZ service, should be online.
4. Go to EZVIZ website and register the device using the security code. Now should work.
You are legend!
Disabling UPnP did the trick.

Reaction score

Many thanks Dreamboat for this post, I was about to give up trying to get my cameras to work with a new NVR.
i had them working through a POE switch without an NVR without being able to record after being forced to change the defaul password on each camera, however much I tried to enter the new passwords I could not get the NVR to detect any cameras.
The above though laborious worked a treat and then afterwards allowed me to change all the camera paswords to the same as the NVR, again many thanks.