Help achieving the angle with my mount

meggoev

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! you were all kind enough to help me pick out a new camera (DH-IPC-HDW5442T-ZE ), it has arrived, I've got it working with my Lorex NVR.

Next step is to mount it, but I'm running in to some issues. I want to mount it on the side of the house, facing front towards the center of the house (where the walkway is that leads up to the door). This would mean the camera points at an acute angle which seems difficult to achieve using a junction box. I need to use a junction box b/c I have to run conduit down from my soffit and I need a place for the conduit to enter.

I decided if I could somehow mount the camera at an angle, I'd be able to achieve the angle I'm looking for. So I found something like this : Hikvision ABT-1 Angled Base for Select Dome Cameras (White). Does anyone know if this or something similar would work for the camera listed above?

I had planned to use this junction box since it has the same base as the junction box I have for my other bullet cameras: Amazon.com: Dahua Junction Box PFA122 for HAC-HFW1100R/ HFW2220R/HDW1100R: Camera & Photo. However, I'm open to using a different junction box if I can achieve the angle I am looking for (PFA130-E, for example).

Anyone have any ideas? Using a wall mount and mounting it horizontally but from the side of the house could work, but there doesn't seem to be an option that allows for conduit to enter that style of mount. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello! you were all kind enough to help me pick out a new camera (DH-IPC-HDW5442T-ZE ), it has arrived, I've got it working with my Lorex NVR.

Next step is to mount it, but I'm running in to some issues. I want to mount it on the side of the house, facing front towards the center of the house (where the walkway is that leads up to the door). This would mean the camera points at an acute angle which seems difficult to achieve using a junction box. I need to use a junction box b/c I have to run conduit down from my soffit and I need a place for the conduit to enter.

I decided if I could somehow mount the camera at an angle, I'd be able to achieve the angle I'm looking for. So I found something like this : Hikvision ABT-1 Angled Base for Select Dome Cameras (White). Does anyone know if this or something similar would work for the camera listed above?

I had planned to use this junction box since it has the same base as the junction box I have for my other bullet cameras: Amazon.com: Dahua Junction Box PFA122 for HAC-HFW1100R/ HFW2220R/HDW1100R: Camera & Photo. However, I'm open to using a different junction box if I can achieve the angle I am looking for (PFA130-E, for example).

Anyone have any ideas? Using a wall mount and mounting it horizontally but from the side of the house could work, but there doesn't seem to be an option that allows for conduit to enter that style of mount. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Hi @meggoev

I've had no issues getting the angles I want with any of the Dahua Turrets or Bullet cameras. Sometimes it is just a question of ensuring enough slack in the cable, or loosening a screw enough.

Perhaps if you shared a few images, it would help us envision what you are attempting to accomplish.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

meggoev

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I was kicking myself for not taking pictures before I left the house. I'll get some up soon.

@mat200 I agree there are lots of ways to position the camera, very flexible, but it comes down to the fact I'm trying to mount it vertically on a wall but facing forward. It can only be positioned at 90 degrees. Unless I'm completely missing something. I had the same "issue" when I was thinking of putting one of my bullet camera in this spot.

@windguy the wall mount would be great if there was a way to bring in conduit from the outside, like the junction boxes have.

I'll update with some pictures soon. Thanks to both of you for your reply.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I was kicking myself for not taking pictures before I left the house. I'll get some up soon.

@mat200 I agree there are lots of ways to position the camera, very flexible, but it comes down to the fact I'm trying to mount it vertically on a wall but facing forward. It can only be positioned at 90 degrees. Unless I'm completely missing something. I had the same "issue" when I was thinking of putting one of my bullet camera in this spot.
Hi @meggoev

I was able to do that, mounted vertically on a wall facing outward at 90 degrees with my 2mp turret and PFA137 / PFA136 mount ( I think it was the PFA137 .. )

btw - the PFA121 / PFA122 share the same body but have different lids, so that now is my preferred option as I can change out the lids when I want to replace the camera with another one that has different holes.