Help! Cannot edit default gateway etc on Hikvision 7732 N-E4/16P NVR

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
HI ,

I am trying to set up my Hikvision 7732 N-E4/16p NVR for network and remote access via my mobile. However I can't even get pass the initial network configuration stage on my NVR. On the Network configuration > General page, I cannot enable DHCP, Unable to enter my IPv4 Default Gateway, unable to enter my Preferred DNS server , Unable to enter Alternate DNS server. These rows all appeared grey , its like they are there but not accessible. Can someone help me out on this please?
Thanks!

Attachments

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just in case, but have you clicked on the "ENABLE DHCP" box?
That should cause the fields to become editable.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks inconsistent, with that IP address suggesting DHCP is already enabled.
What does SADP allow you to do?

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
HI , Is SADP the program to set up devices on PC? Because this is a direct plug and play NVR, I didn't bother with it. Do I need to configure that on my server pc?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SADP is a useful Hilvision tool. It allows you to view all Hilvision devices on the network regardless of IP address (you can't view devices in a different subnet usually).

Generally the POE switch section on the Hik NVRs is in the range of 192.168.254.xxx and the cameras come with 192.0.0.64 as a default while some have DHCP enabled.

If you use SADP you can view the current IP address and you can also change the IP address and etc.

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Michelin Man, I have looked at SADP , I can enable DHCP from there but still leave default Gateway, Preferred DNS etc inaccessible.

I just want to set up my NVR for mobile monitoring ( with my phone), I tried to follow the manual, but they are not clear at all . What is the best way to configure it so that I can connect my mobile to my NVR via iVMS 4500?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can enable DHCP from there but still leave default Gateway, Preferred DNS etc inaccessible.
When DHCP is enabled, the settings for Gateway, DNS come from the DHCP server, usually rour LAN router, and are not able to be set direct on the NVR.
If DHCP is disabled, all network settings can be made manually.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try with resetting the NVR to default setting, it may fix the issue.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Michelin Man, I have looked at SADP , I can enable DHCP from there but still leave default Gateway, Preferred DNS etc inaccessible.

I just want to set up my NVR for mobile monitoring ( with my phone), I tried to follow the manual, but they are not clear at all . What is the best way to configure it so that I can connect my mobile to my NVR via iVMS 4500?
If you enable DHCP the router will do all the work and set the IP address, Subnet mask, and default gateway. If you want to put in the IP addresses manually you have to disable DHCP.

You can do it this way (DHCP). However, the IP address of the NVR will change when the router is rebooted as the router will assign the IP addresses again.

A better idea is to set a 'Static Lease' on the router where you set the IP address for a specific MAC address. Then the router will always assign the IP address you want to that device. Every MAC address is unique (at least on the same network).

Or yeah, just set them manually.

When I set mine up I didn't bother with the local interface for configuring the network. I didn't even have the network plugged in. Just formatted the drive then shutdown, moved the NVR to it's new home, went on SADP to change the settings and off I went.

Last edited by a moderator:

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
If you enable DHCP the router will do all the work and set the IP address, Subnet mask, and default gateway. If you want to put in the IP addresses manually you have to disable DHCP.

You can do it this way (DHCP). However, the IP address of the NVR will change when the router is rebooted as the router will assign the IP addresses again.

A better idea is to set a 'Static Lease' on the router where you set the IP address for a specific MAC address. Then the router will always assign the IP address you want to that device. Every MAC address is unique (at least on the same network).

Or yeah, just set them manually.

When I set mine up I didn't bother with the local interface for configuring the network. I didn't even have the network plugged in. Just formatted the drive then shutdown, moved the NVR to it's new home, went on SADP to change the settings and off I went.

Thank you, do you use mobile monitoring? If you do, do you use iVMS4200 or ivms 4500? And HOw to set up?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I do.

I use both.

iVMS-4200 is the desktop application, and iVMS-4500 is the mobile application.

After you have set everything up NVR/IPCs you basically just add the device to the 'devices' section.

So you manually add it.

1.Give it a name
2. Select IP/Domain
3. Enter the static IP address of the device
4.Enter the port (port 8000, unless you've changed it)
5. Enter username
6. Enter password

That's basically it.

If you want to view it outside the network everything is basically the same, however it depends on your port forwarding settings, and if you have a static or dynamic IP address and etc.

Also, when viewing the stream on iVMS-4500 it defaults to the Substream (Fluent) (lower quality/bitrate), the window looking thing that has "Clear, Fluent, Custom" is the quality selection.

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I do.

I use both.

iVMS-4200 is the desktop application, and iVMS-4500 is the mobile application.

After you have set everything up NVR/IPCs you basically just add the device to the 'devices' section.

So you manually add it.

1.Give it a name
2. Select IP/Domain
3. Enter the static IP address of the device
4.Enter the port (port 8000, unless you've changed it)
5. Enter username
6. Enter password

That's basically it.

If you want to view it outside the network everything is basically the same, however it depends on your port forwarding settings, and if you have a static or dynamic IP address and etc.

Also, when viewing the stream on iVMS-4500 it defaults to the Substream (Fluent) (lower quality/bitrate), the window looking thing that has "Clear, Fluent, Custom" is the quality selection.

Thanks, I tried to manually setup on ivms4500 but it still says connection failed. I think my NVR is still not set up properly.

The Number 5 and 6 Enter username and password: are these the same as the NVR log in name and password?

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, So it would be admin and your set password. It is case sensitive.
THanks for your quick reply, still not working.

Just wandering if the
1. the alias: is anything specific? or just any name?

2. what is the relevant setting on your router>?

3. What is the relevant setting on your NVR?

Thank you very much.

hereu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Double check the things noted below...

Make sure you have your NVR plugged into your router (RJ45 cable)

NVR

Menu/ config/network. Enable DHCP/ APPLY.

Back/ maintenance/ network and note down the IPV4 address.

Back/ config/ network. Turn off DHCP and manually add the IPV4 address.

Router

Forward ports 80, 8000 and 554 to your NVR IPV4 address in your router settings.

If you need help with this then port forward . com has a guide to port forward most routers.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

Select your brand of router on the page above

Click close on the annoying add that comes next

Select your model of router then click on the default guide which has a link in the text at the top for the page.

Take a note of your external IP, which is at the top of every page in port forward . com. You will need this for setting up IVMS-4500.

IVMS-4500

Download IVMS-4500 to your tablet/ mobile phone.

Click devices then the + sign at the top right and select manual adding.

Alias: can be anything you want to call it.
Register Mode: IP/Domain (unless you set up HiDDNS on your NVR)
Device Domain: Enter your external IP address, which was displayed on port forward . com
User Name: The same as your NVR
Password: The same as your NVR

Click the save icon at the top right of the page and connect.

Domjun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much Michelin Man , I got it on my mobile now. You have been very helpful thank you!