Help - Can't get AI tool to detect this animal which is clear in the snapshots.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the fork of the AI tool running with deepstack and blueiris v5.

This cat is sneaking through the AI tool every night but bI is triggered and takes many snapshots to be processed. I have BI to take fast repetitive snapshots when it triggers so it has a better chance. every 0.3 seconds and deepstack runs through them very fast with my i7 7700 32GB ram dell tower.
Picks it up at the front garden though (albeit as a person).

Must have taken about 30+ snapshots of it walking slowly in front of the camera.

1st shot is at the back then as it wonders to the front it is then recognized by the AI.
Not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions on settings? (confidence at 0%!) HIgh-resolution jpegs also.

cat.png1607862841949.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you're running Deepstack via Docker for Windows you could try using MODE=High when you start your container. Read a few posts starting here:
Thanks.

Not sure if this setting is doing anything.
So most likely I need to change it via command line?

1607863936168.png

Reaction score
Thanks.

Not sure if this setting is doing anything.
So most likely I need to change it via command line?

View attachment 76785
That's the setting
I've not used the Deepstack for Windows and have always used it in Docker. The MODE in the Docker command is the same as those radio button options on the Docker tab you've shown.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's the setting
I've not used the Deepstack for Windows and have always used it in Docker. The MODE in the Docker command is the same as those radio button options on the Docker tab you've shown.
I'm running it on docker for windows. Had this setting on high yesterday. How do I check via docker desktop command console if this has taken effect?

Just looking at Inspect and can't see any MODE=HIGH

Reaction score
I'm running it on docker for windows. Had this setting on high yesterday. How do I check via docker desktop command console if this has taken effect?
I don't think there is any return confirmation from Deepstack. If you only have one container for Deepstack running then it's should be using whatever run command you used to start the container.

Reaction score
I've never used portainer. I have only ever used the official Docker for Windows dashboard. When I've wanted to start a new instance of Deepstack I have stopped and trashed the container and started a new one.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That did the trick. Added the new variable and redeployed:

"CUDA_MODE=False",
"APPDIR=/app",
"VISION-DETECTION=True",
"MODE=High",
"DATA_DIR=/datastore",
"TEMP_PATH=/deeptemp/",
"PROFILE=desktop_cpu"

Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
Just got to wait for the cat again tonight!
Around these parts I normally get alerts for the neighborhood cats 90% of the time during the day, and about 50% of the time in the dark.
I'm not concerned about them, they keep the mice and chipmunk population in check.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Around these parts I normally get alerts for the neighborhood cats 90% of the time during the day, and about 50% of the time in the dark.
I'm not concerned about them, they keep the mice and chipmunk population in check.

The neighbours cats were using my nice lawn as a littering ground. Daily cleaning was not a nice task.
Have several PIR sensors and sprinklers now to soak them if they enter. 2 weeks clean now!

But still trying to get the AI to detect the cats as the PIRs are a pain as they are not really designed for the exterior.

Reaction score
The neighbours cats were using my nice lawn as a littering ground. Daily cleaning was not a nice task.
Have several PIR sensors and sprinklers now to soak them if they enter. 2 weeks clean now!

But still trying to get the AI to detect the cats as the PIRs are a pain as they are not really designed for the exterior.
I've been using the Philips Hue outdoor motion sensors connected to my Hubitat hub for outdoor PIR. They have been working great for me.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using some sonoff and broadlink pirs connected to a tasmota rf bridge. Nodered also with telegram notifications. (homeassistant)
Unfortunately here in Uruguay there are not many options.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still odd that the AI (fork vorloncd) did not pick this up which looks so obvious with a contrasting grass background also. Wonder if I need to look at alternatives if High mode does not change the detection.

1607870873099.png

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like I'll need to create the masks again. Erroring out - assuming redeployment of the container wiped out some files