Help choosing kit for low price customers

Superior Security Experts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys. I just started own biz recently. Currently I use hik via alibi-observint technologies. My biggest challenge is residential customers who don’t want to spend much. I need to offer a reliable hardwired kit that has a low cost. Any suggestions? No junk.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If that is too pricey, you could look at kits from Costco and find some that are manufactured by Hikvision or Dahua (although they'll typically be branded Lorex, Q-See, etc so figuring out who actually made the cams may be difficult). Those kits usually come with network cable which you may or may not actually use depending on the wiring needs of individual projects.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tough people want good and cheap. You can give them one or the other, let em pick. Oh wait what about support? Forget cheap.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The company I worked for 4yrs installed Alibi. I will say, support was always 100%. They'd 2day ship everything, overnight stuff when needed and support wise were always there when we called regarding issues, features, tech help, networking issues etc.. Even complaining about designs and features and were responsive because we'd see mounts or bases change. Though, my boss moved a lot of business using alibi, Mostly commercial but also residential. mostly IP, also Analog whatever the scenario demanded.

Im staring at a screen at my work with 5mp system and its pretty good for the price. Ie. last time I checked ( I don't work for them anymore) a 5mp 60' ir was like $50?
For the price it's what I have on my house. But costco lorex has some pretty good deal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The company I worked for 4yrs installed Alibi. I will say, support was always 100%. They'd 2day ship everything, overnight stuff when needed and support wise were always there when we called regarding issues, features, tech help, networking issues etc.. Even complaining about designs and features and were responsive because we'd see mounts or bases change. Though, my boss moved a lot of business using alibi, Mostly commercial but also residential. mostly IP, also Analog whatever the scenario demanded.

Im staring at a screen at my work with 5mp system and its pretty good for the price. Ie. last time I checked ( I don't work for them anymore) a 5mp 60' ir was like $50?
For the price it's what I have on my house. But costco lorex has some pretty good deal.
Alibi/supercircuits simply rebrands hikvision. The 5mp 50 dollar camera is not ip and/or a very low end model with a small sensor making it crap at night.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. True. 100%
If theyll buy the ip stuff great. Id rather them get on here, learn and buy from Andy or the ipcamtalk store. But people hiring him aren't ever going to. Ever.

If theyll spring for the IP stuff great. Op question seemed to be about customer service so i chimed in.

These are LOW quality screen shots.
The problem i had with their ip stuff, it didnt look much better. But if theyll buy it great. Still i was just chiming in regarding their customer support/service. Years and years and minimal issues. But yes... Of course the stuff on here is 10x better

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. True. 100%
If theyll buy the ip stuff great. Id rather them get on here, learn and buy from Andy or the ipcamtalk store. But people hiring him aren't ever going to. Ever.

If theyll spring for the IP stuff great. Op question seemed to be about customer service so i chimed in.

These are LOW quality screen shots.
The problem i had with their ip stuff, it didnt look much better. But if theyll buy it great. Still i was just chiming in regarding their customer support/service. Years and years and minimal issues. But yes... Of course the stuff on here is 10x better
The ip stuff didn't look better because you were buying the same low end junk with tiny sensors.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
For those low budget residential customers that don’t care about starlight quality I usually get a kit that’s on sale at adi. this month it’s Been this One
8-Channel Value Express Kits

Or the IPC-HDW4631C-A from Andy if it’s more than 6 cameras.

Superior Security Experts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s much better but I always offer 3 tiers but that cheaper kit isn’t bad. 5 mp hd. will help competing with big box. I’m small and starting out w new biz but 21 years installer. So I need resi fill ins til I can get more commercial work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Word of mouth advertising is worth it's weight in gold. Don't install systems that will disappoint your customers....thus make you look bad.
One un-happy customer can negatively influence up to 50 other potential customers.
Set up a test rig, and show them the difference day and night between good cams and cheap.
This cam: Review-dahua-ipc-hdw2231rp-zs-starlight-camera-varifocal
And this NVR Review-Dahua NVR4216-16P-4KS2 NVR | IP Cam Talk
Or this US $179.53 6% OFF|NVR4108HS 8P 4KS2 8 Channel Compact 1U 8PoE 4K&H.265 Lite NVR without Logo NVR4108HS 8P 4KS2 free DHL shipping-in Surveillance Video Recorder from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Is as low as I'd want my reputation based on.

Last edited: