Help creating profiles based on Sunrise/Sunset

Marcelor73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, but I've had BI set up for over a year with 2 cameras. I haven't messed with profiles yet, but looking for instructions/help on how to set up the following:

I'd like to set up a daytime profile and a night time profile. Specifically, I want to set up the night time profile geared towards better "night vision" (black and white and other settings). I was hoping to have the switch happen automatically not based on an exact time, but based on sunset/sunrise times.

Can it be done? Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, but I've had BI set up for over a year with 2 cameras. I haven't messed with profiles yet, but looking for instructions/help on how to set up the following:

I'd like to set up a daytime profile and a night time profile. Specifically, I want to set up the night time profile geared towards better "night vision" (black and white and other settings). I was hoping to have the switch happen automatically not based on an exact time, but based on sunset/sunrise times.

Can it be done? Thanks in advance.
yes..see the schedule help file...
you can set the profiles to changes relative to sunrise sunset, that is you can set up to +/- about 200 minuets in either direction...
However note that depending on your camera blue iris may or may not be able to control certain settings, such as day/night, brightness etc...this is not controlled by profiles but by event schedule in the cameras own schedule tab, they can also be triggered relative to sunrise sunset.

Marcelor73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, thank you. I'll dig through the schedule help file and see what I can figure out. Good to know I can adjust the time a bit in either direction.