Help Finding Right Equipment

Nadroj83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this group and do not have a lot of experience in this area. I was unable to find a thread that covers this. If there is one, please point the way.

We have a remote cabin with intermittent internet service. I currently have a Reolink system (it is old). The NVR has a wireless connection to the 4 cameras and the camera’s are powered by DC plug.

I would like a similar system. We need to be able to have the camera’s and NVR connect wirelessly to each other and the camera’s need to be powered by a regular plug into the wall NOT PoE. Remote access is not required but would be nice when the internet is working and/or when we are able to get more reliable internet service.

Any help or suggestions you can provide are appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this group and do not have a lot of experience in this area. I was unable to find a thread that covers this. If there is one, please point the way.

We have a remote cabin with intermittent internet service. I currently have a Reolink system (it is old). The NVR has a wireless connection to the 4 cameras and the camera’s are powered by DC plug.

I would like a similar system. We need to be able to have the camera’s and NVR connect wirelessly to each other and the camera’s need to be powered by a regular plug into the wall NOT PoE. Remote access is not required but would be nice when the internet is working and/or when we are able to get more reliable internet service.

Any help or suggestions you can provide are appreciated.
Hi @Nadroj83

Most of us have had too many issues with WiFi cameras, and thus few of us recommend them .. perhaps someone will here, so let's see what we get on that topic

example:

New thread covering potential issues with WiFi cameras ..