help for lorex lnb3163 3MP cameras working with blue iris

Reaction score
Hello,I'm having issues using the dahua, lorex, and generic ip camera options under the configurations to be able to see these cameras I recently bought at costco. They use the generic 35000 tcp port, admin, 000000 pwd. They work fine on the nvr but i want to integrate these with my samsung indoor cameras and smartthings. I connected the camera to my main poe switch. I then turned the nvr on and was able to add it from my main poe switch not my nvr poe port. So i know its working and configured. I then turn off the nvr and try to configure it through blue iris but I am not having success getting the camera to appear. I am only testing 1 camera at time not all 4 plugged in. When i do let blue iris inspect, i get a generic ip camera setup. I plug in admin, pwd, and 35000 port media/video/RTSP port but blue iris keeps saying wrong name, pwd, or port. Should the 35000 port be set elsewhere or should i try setting it to lower port? I also try this routine with different dahua and lorex configurations but so far none of those work. I have the samsung snh-p6410bn cameras working fine under blue iris. My ultimate goal is to tie in everything so i can use the blue iris app to see live video (samsung smartcam you can only view 1 camera at a time) in corresponding alerts from smartthings sensors and blue iris alerts. Any help is appreciated. Thanks-bob

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to log into each camera using a browser on a PC located on the same subnet?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@coworkerbob, these are dahua rebranded cameras and only use 35000 to communicate with the NVR. For blue iris you need to use http 80/ rtsp 554 (dahua profile) or do a find inspect and use the onvif stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thanks Q2U and fenderman. With the clues you gave me i was able to set it up with generic onvif profile. One thing I can't wrap my head around is the camera password is admin/admin by default. I updated the camera admin password and was able to login from the browser with the new password. But in blue iris, it is still working with the old default admin password. When I try to update the password in the config, i get the error message that the port, username, or password is wrong. That is bizarre. Any suggestions on getting hamachi, openvpn, or s tunnel working to be able to view on mobile devices with the blue iris app?