Help for setting up a new camera that BI not support

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a trendnet TV 322WI cam, stupid me that I didn't recognize this camera isn't support by BI(I read it wrong "322P" as "322WI" from the website before I bought it :-( ), I have no chance to return this cam, is there any expert can help me out, so I can watch this camera through BI?

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a trendnet TV 322WI cam, stupid me that I didn't recognize this camera isn't support by BI(I read it wrong "322P" as "322WI" from the website before I bought it :-( ), I have no chance to return this cam, is there any expert can help me out, so I can watch this camera through BI?

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. No expert needed. That is a hikvision camera..use hikvision 2cd or rtsp from the dropdown, or use the find inspect button and it will pull the onvif stream.

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. No expert needed. That is a hikvision camera..use hikvision 2cd or rtsp from the dropdown, or use the find inspect button and it will pull the onvif stream.
Thank you for the answer, fenderman, sorry for my lack of knowledge, so do I need to open a rtsp port for this camera setup? I tried the inspect now, but I dont understand what I lack of...

Please help again. Thank you.

Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the answer, fenderman, sorry for my lack of knowledge, so do I need to open a rtsp port for this camera setup? I tried the inspect now, but I dont understand what I lack of...

Please help again. Thank you.

Peter
No, just select the proper camera from the dropdown...you need to enter the correct IP address and user/password.
OR enter enter the correct IP address and user/password then use find/inspect

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
No, just select the proper camera from the dropdown...you need to enter the correct IP address and user/password.
OR enter enter the correct IP address and user/password then use find/inspect
Thank you for the reply fenderman.

I input the current IP address and user/password, and then I tried the inspect now button. Unfortunately, it isnt working. Is there any other menthod can help please.

Since Trendnet TV-322WI isnt in the dropdown list, so I guess the inspect now button will be my last hope...

Thank you once again.

Peter

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, thank you so much to you Fenderman, I got my B.I.4 connected with my 322WI, just all I need is my B.I.3 can also connect to the cam.

I will do that tomolo when I back to my office, thank you so much for all your help Fenderman!!!!

Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, thank you so much to you Fenderman, I got my B.I.4 connected with my 322WI, just all I need is my B.I.3 can also connect to the cam.

I will do that tomolo when I back to my office, thank you so much for all your help Fenderman!!!!

Peter
In bi3 just use hikvision from the dropdown...2cd or rtsp model....that camera is a hikvision rebranded as trendnet..

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried Hikvision 2cd and rtsp model in B.I.3, unfortunately it is not working. I will keep trying.

Btw, in B.I.4, I got it with Generic - RTSP/HTTP (Tunneled).

Thank you very much Fenderman.

Peter

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried Hikvision 2cd and rtsp model in B.I.3, unfortunately it is not working. I will keep trying.

Btw, in B.I.4, I got it with Generic - RTSP/HTTP (Tunneled).

Thank you very much Fenderman.

Peter

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
In bi3 just use hikvision from the dropdown...2cd or rtsp model....that camera is a hikvision rebranded as trendnet..
Hello again, I tried all three Hikvision option from the dropdown list but all aint working in B.I.3.

Also, I tried the inspect now button which redirected me to the default rtsp h.264/mjpg/mpeg4 also not working. Tried default rtsp http-tunneled which worked at B.I.4, also not working st B.I.3 as well.

Fenderman or Anyone have any other suggestion that I can try?

Thank you very much.

Peter

*somehow default rtsp http - tunneled is working now, lol thanks for all the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello again, I tried all three Hikvision option from the dropdown list but all aint working in B.I.3.

Also, I tried the inspect now button which redirected me to the default rtsp h.264/mjpg/mpeg4 also not working. Tried default rtsp http-tunneled which worked at B.I.4, also not working st B.I.3 as well.

Fenderman or Anyone have any other suggestion that I can try?

Thank you very much.

Petee
You must have something set wrong in BI 3...
regardless, its silly to use 3...the upgrade to 4 is only 30 dollars if you email support with your key for 3...

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol really? Do I need to resetup everything? I m so regretted that I missed last year x'mas free upgrade. I will seriously reconsider to pay 30 to upgrade to 4.

Thanks for thr tips.

Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol really? Do I need to resetup everything? I m so regretted that I missed last year x'mas free upgrade. I will seriously reconsider to pay 30 to upgrade to 4.

Thanks for thr tips.

Peter
The upgrade was never free. It was always 30 dollars for the new version (half off)...you wont have to setup again..all you do is FIRST install v4...it will pull all the settings from v3...then backup the config file in the about tab and uninstall v3...

wingon

n3wb
Reaction score
The upgrade was never free. It was always 30 dollars for the new version (half off)...you wont have to setup again..all you do is FIRST install v4...it will pull all the settings from v3...then backup the config file in the about tab and uninstall v3...
Lol 30 dollars is quite a lot for me since I have 4 BI3.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And I just paid 80 for a BI4...i will considerate...maybe wait for a promotion...
You do realize that most vms vendors charge 50-150 per camera....Note that BI has security enhancements as well as tons of features...for 30 dollars is a no brainer...

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new to Blue Iris, and I'm having a similar problem, my camera is not on the list (Samsung Smartcam SNH-V6414BN) the camera works thru the samsung app, which is junk , but I can't for the life of me get it to work on Blue Iris. I tried the find/inspect button using the IP address and get below:
Opening port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

It will then reset the settings to generic, but when I hit OK I get error 400 bad request.

Any help? Please??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new to Blue Iris, and I'm having a similar problem, my camera is not on the list (Samsung Smartcam SNH-V6414BN) the camera works thru the samsung app, which is junk , but I can't for the life of me get it to work on Blue Iris. I tried the find/inspect button using the IP address and get below:
Opening port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12029
Opening port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

It will then reset the settings to generic, but when I hit OK I get error 400 bad request.

Any help? Please??
This amazon review has a detailed explanation as well as an image for BI settings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2NKL0ATDVD7IZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewpnt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0182UE3I4#R2NKL0ATDVD7IZ

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Funny, I found and tried that already, I get the RTSP: 503 service unavailable error.....