Help for setting up a new camera that BI not support

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny, I found and tried that already, I get the RTSP: 503 service unavailable error.....
They you have something set incorrectly..ip address/port user/pass..something..

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the IP address for the cam from looking at my router connections, everything I found said to use "admin" as the user and I tried changing password multiple times, anything I'm missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the IP address for the cam from looking at my router connections, everything I found said to use "admin" as the user and I tried changing password multiple times, anything I'm missing?
is admin a valid user name used by your cam? post an image of your blue iris settings.

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Capture.PNG
The user name I don't know, Ive checked everywhere on the camera settings and can't find "user" name anywhere. Ive tried the name of the camera, model number, serial number.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 12947
The user name I don't know, Ive checked everywhere on the camera settings and can't find "user" name anywhere. Ive tried the name of the camera, model number, serial number.
Not sure..are you certain the ip address is correct? scan the network for devices using an app like fing (android/ios)...

aaddaamm

n3wb
Reaction score
Positive, my computer recognizes it with no problems, I verified ip address multiple times. I think Im just gonna try a different camera.....any recommendations? I like this one cause its small, and inconspicuous. I like the motion detection, night vision. It will be used indoors, so the power plug is fine. Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Positive, my computer recognizes it with no problems, I verified ip address multiple times. I think Im just gonna try a different camera.....any recommendations? I like this one cause its small, and inconspicuous. I like the motion detection, night vision. It will be used indoors, so the power plug is fine. Thanks for the help.
Look at the hikvision 2432 or laview panda cube (also made by hikvision)...blue iris can do all the motion detection...but these cameras also have built in PIR motion detection