Help ID This Camera

wekebu

n3wb
Reaction score
Any chance someone recognizes what camera this is? Brand and/or model? This is a screenshot of a video, sorry for the quality this is how it was sent to me.
Two photos:
Screenshot_20161208-132419.png Screenshot_20161208-133542.png

Attachments

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly looks more like a playback/dvr (appears analog) then just a camera image because of the time code segment at the top. Meaning the camera will be next to impossible to tell if that's the case

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure why it matters. pretty clear it's not a very good camera by today's standards. Your best chance would be to post a photo of the actual camera.

wekebu

n3wb
Reaction score
I am being sued by the owner who sent me the video. He claims that my gardener is putting trash onto his yard. He is including in the suit the costs for the camera. It didn't look like an expensive camera to me. I've never had a dvr, so can you explain, do you mean he took a video of the original video?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I am being sued by the owner who sent me the video. He claims that my gardener is putting trash onto his yard. He is including in the suit the costs for the camera. It didn't look like an expensive camera to me. I've never had a dvr, so can you explain, do you mean he took a video of the original video?
No - What we are saying is that Camera/System is GARBAGE - most likely an old analog setup.

That camera feeds into a DVR (Recording device) which is what you see the recorded video from. The screen capture you sent is of a video playback which is why you see time code on the top of the screen. This also means you have no clue what type of camera it is because you are simply seeing "Video" displayed from a recording on the DVR.

Bottom line - what you are asking is impossible more or less to know with the image you posted.

This would be like you recording a movie on an old school VHS tape with a camcorder. Then you put the VHS tape in a VHS player and watch the home movie on the TV and expect someone to tell you the make/model of the camcorder used just by watching the video on the screen.

Sorry, not trying to be an ass since it sucks your neighbor is an asshole and your gardner caused you to end up in a petty lawsuite, but I'm trying to make it clear what your asking isn't going to get an answer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no legal basis to include the cost of the camera as a portion of the damages owed. Furthermore, even if there was he would have to supply the exact model to you if you asked for it in discovery. That cameras is worth no more than 25 dollars....the dvr maybe 50...
This thing sounds like a silly small claims battle....he will lose it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
*I'm not a lawyer* but that just seems absurd. Hard to imagine you'd have any liability for your Gardner's actions even if they dumped garbage on his property unless they could PROVE you told the gardener to do it. It might not even be a DVR it could be a VCR or DVD recorder.

This brings back an old memory... When I was a kid our next door neighbor started a trash company with a couple friends (ironically @nayr 's favorite today, the company has grown a lot since then) and would routinely haul trash his truck couldn't handle to the front of our house on our trash day. He would also wash out the inside of his trash truck in the street which was pretty fucking disgusting.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
*I'm not a lawyer* but that just seems absurd. Hard to imagine you'd have any liability for your Gardner's actions even if they dumped garbage on his property unless they could PROVE you told the gardener to do it. It might not even be a DVR it could be a VCR or DVD recorder.
That is correct...I dont know of any state that applies vicarious liability to an independent contractor...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that video is not enough to identify anyone; let alone your gardener.. you need more than a few blurry pixels to take legal action.

wekebu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all! I was hoping that the camera was a cheap old camera.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming this actually goes to small claims court (and isn't just a petty threat of legal action), make sure you show up.