Help : Identify Hardware

Activ8

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a budget AliExpress dual camera, WiFi, PTZ and battling to get the supplier to accept a shipping error , refund / replacement .... lol!

4MP+4MP advertised but the video output using TinyCamPro is 720p 1280x720, so 1MB+1MB! Opened it up to track the board specs and thought I'd write it off to experience. Then thought "no way" , let's keep pushing for a positive solution - in my favour.

Can someone on here identify?
Google lens / text offered nothing.

20231016_145107.jpg20231016_142649.jpg20231016_142609.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone on here identify?
It looks like the SoC (main processor) maxes out at 5MP encoding capability.
So unlikely to do 4MP+4MP

Is the device ONVIF compatible?
If so - ONVIF Device Manager will show what stream encoding capabilities are advertised.
Give it some valid logon credentials, run it on a PC on the same LAN segment as the camera and it should find the camera automatically.

Activ8

n3wb
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson .
Is there an ODM User Guide, online or pdf for new users?

The softwares output from the camera is both new and odd!
Some aspects at first view seem to be locked to the user plus I'm not getting either a snapshot image, video or live viewing through ODM. I'm logged in and another camera is proving I'm at least doing something right. LOL.
TIA

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an ODM User Guide, online or pdf for new users?
Sorry, I've never looked.
Although it can be used to make configuration changes, I think it's main use is simply to provide lots of info about the target device.
The Events page is often quite informative about a device's capability.
Parts that are odd or don't work properly may indicate that the device ONVIF support isn't perfectly implemented.

Some aspects at first view seem to be locked to the user plus I'm not getting either a snapshot image, video or live viewing through ODM.
From what I recall, ODM doesn't handle h.265 if that's what the camera stream is set to.
But one of the reasons I suggested trying it was to confirm via another method what resolution the camera is capable of, which was one of your original gripes about it.

ODM's 'profile' page should provide a good amount of useful info, example below:

Attachments

Activ8

n3wb
Reaction score
The ODM Profiles page has provided the evidence I needed to formalise a complaint against the Seller and supplied camera.
The AliExpress Customer Services were at face value brilliant with the supplied evidence.

Onwards.
Right I need to fix and repair an AXIS 213....
Are they upgradeable????