Help identifying counterfeit hikvision...

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is actually a hikvision? It's definitely not a 2CD2135F-IS as it shows on the label, I know that for sure; but I have no idea where they got this thing to begin with. It was missing the SD card slot (which means no F in the model number) and half the IR LEDs. If i didn't know better I would say it looks like a chinese knockoff! lol.

From the outside the metal housing was correct but that was about it.

On a side note does anyone know where I can find a full listing of the chinese domestic market cams? Like where is the official manufacturer's webpage for the 2CD2135? (I dont care if its in chinese)

Thanks!

IMG_3028.JPGIMG_3026.JPGIMG_3027[1].JPGIMG_3025.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are different designs of PCB and lens units etc made by Hikvision.

Check for the SD card slot under the lens cover which houses another PCB. Some cameras have one larger PCB sitting on the case, some have half on the case and half in the lens unit. Yours looks to be the latter to me.

It's almost certainly (99%+) NOT counterfeit :)

There are different designs of DS-2CD2135F-IS (and others). They even have to make different types of firmware for some because of the internal differences. Hence why Hikvision's China firmware web page has to point out differences in labelling to match the correct file needed.

The serial looks valid - it should even work with Hikvision's online platform EZVIZ

edit: someone already found this

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13511-DS-2CD2145F-discrepancy?p=122444&viewfull=1#post122444

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is actually a hikvision? It's definitely not a 2CD2135F-IS as it shows on the label, I know that for sure; but I have no idea where they got this thing to begin with. It was missing the SD card slot (which means no F in the model number) and half the IR LEDs. If i didn't know better I would say it looks like a chinese knockoff! lol.

From the outside the metal housing was correct but that was about it.

On a side note does anyone know where I can find a full listing of the chinese domestic market cams? Like where is the official manufacturer's webpage for the 2CD2135? (I dont care if its in chinese)

Thanks!

View attachment 14132View attachment 14133View attachment 14135View attachment 14137
I have two of those cameras and one is identical to yours while both of mine are different from each other. I will say the newer one I have like yours is my only camera that is a pain in my ass. The supplier from china offered to skype me to fix but, I have not bothered yet. I would say not a clone just a model change, the ir's are smaller on the newer model but, firmware sucked.

cds333

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahh thanks for shedding some light on that. The seller was using the standard 2135 stock image so naturally I sent it back immediately. Don't know what else they expected to happen if they can't even be bothered to update their photo lol.

After some extreme hassle I was able to translate enough chinese to determine that the current generation is defined as follows: "2.8mm for the circle of infrared light, other models for the two laps of infrared light" so I guess the guys who decide what features they can screw the customer out of to save a few pennies decided that people using wide angle don't need as much IR power. lol

I'd still love to know what they did with the light sensor, and how they determine when to switch on the IR without it.

Thanks everyone!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No light sensor is necessary, as the lux level controls the LEDs to switch on through the lens on the len image sensor. Other makes have been doing this for a long time.