Help identifying inexpensive 1080P Cam

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Used my router to reserve it an IP
Was that from a MAC address on the label?
Maybe the previous owner has set a fixed IP address on the camera.

If you can find a download for their IP Installer search/network configure tool, you may find the IP address that the camera is using :
CNB Tec

Reaction score
I got the MAC from my router, it showed up after i plugged in the camera. The camera has only one sticker on it, has no MAC. I searched the name (cc-ipc-hs20s142) in google and found this manual https://en.kedacom.com/en/u/cms/www/201612/13162937rujb.pdf think it might be the right one. It mentions "Get IPCSearch from the attached CD." unfortunately i got no cd with it. I went to the site kedacom and on there downloads section found ipcsearch 3.0. Was thinking this is it, installed and ran it and it did not find anything. Going to continue searching google, maybe someone who has the search tool for this camera can post it or point me to where i can download. ican (2).jpg

Reaction score
Thanks. I couldn't take the reserve ip off my isp router i was trying it on, so i hooked up the camera to a spare tplink router in case that reserve ip was messing it up and lan cable my laptop to the tplink. I tried sgseye and when i went to the resource section it showed me the IP and port. Nice, thanks.
ican sgseye 2.JPG

Then i changed my tplink router ip to the same subnet 192.168.1.1 and tried the browser, for some reason 192.168.1.86:8000 was not working, so i just tried 192.168.1.86 and i got the login page. Finally some progress.

ican login.JPG
Now, i am stuck again, not sure the password. Reset password doesen't work. Tried "admin" and blank for password, nope, tried "admin" "password" and nope, tried "admin" "Password" nope, tried both blank and nope, then it said again locked. i ran sgseye again.

ican sgseye.JPG

Got scared i might have locked it permanently, but unplugged the camera and plugged back in and tried a password again and invalid password. Phew. I know it has an admin account because i tried guest and it said account does not exist. Not sure how to get past this. Think i need the search config tool for this camera.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you tried all the usual suspect passwords for the admin account? '1234', '12345' and '123456' are popular...

have you opened up the cam body to see if there' a reset button in there? many have one.
hold it down for 10 sec or so while powering up to reset the cam to factory settings...

some other possibly useful info:
Connect to iCan IP cameras

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your right!!! Its 123456. Had tried 1234 and 12345, didn't think of trying 123456. Thank you so much. Sometimes the answer is so simple it escapes us. Your amazing. Thanks for all your help and suggestions!!!