Help identifying what Dahua model this Q-See camera is

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Searching the international site was the trick to find the firmware...I kept searching the North America site without any luck.

In any case, the upgrade process failed but didn't brick the device. It's still running the Q-See firmware. Was worth a try!

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Searching the international site was the trick to find the firmware...I kept searching the North America site without any luck.

In any case, the upgrade process failed but didn't brick the device. It's still running the Q-See firmware. Was worth a try!
You might try the firmware for any other 720p models you can find. You have nothing to lose.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the web firmware upgrade procedure and telnet update yields different results?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the web firmware upgrade procedure and telnet update yields different results?
Good question. It is possible that a telnet update would allow you to bypass built-in security checks (e.g. checksum verification), and force the new firmware onto the camera. It is also possible that doing so would brick the camera very thoroughly.

I'm afraid this is one experiment that you'll have to try on your own.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Recently, Dahua has been updating the IR diodes in existing models, maintaining same model numbers, a friend of mine uses a Lorex system and it is very similar to Dahua's 1320S series and the IR LED's in the Lorex cameras have the newer diodes. The newer diodes are also claimed to last longer.

Mine has a slightly larger array of IR diodes. I'm hoping the main board is the same. Where is the best place to find the latest firmware for the IPC-HDW1100S?