Help identifying what Dahua model this Q-See camera is

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have a Q-See camera that is a re-branded Dahua. Is anyone able to help identify the Dahua equivalent? Many thanks, in advance. I really need to try a Dahua firmware on this as the Q-See one has a ton of issues and they stopped updating the firmware a while ago.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello folks, I have a Q-See camera that is a re-branded Dahua. Is anyone able to help identify the Dahua equivalent? Many thanks, in advance. I really need to try a Dahua firmware on this as the Q-See one has a ton of issues and they stopped updating the firmware a while ago.
Welcome puppy

Perhaps you would like to share more info which may help,

Q-see model, specs, ...

Sometimes hard to tell just by the case and boards as many of us do not open up a lot of cameras, and if we do probably do not pay enough attention to the markings.

Also look to see if you can access the camera's command line interface and do some sort of command to have it tell you want sort of hardware it thinks it is.
( older cameras some have been able to telnet into )

Reaction score
I suggest that you download the Dahua ConfigTool app, connect your camera to your network, and run a scan. If ConfigTool recognizes the Q-See as a Dahua camera, it will tell you the camera model number. If it doesn't recognize it, then I doubt there's any firmware available that would work on it.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome puppy

Perhaps you would like to share more info which may help,

Q-see model, specs, ...

Sometimes hard to tell just by the case and boards as many of us do not open up a lot of cameras, and if we do probably do not pay enough attention to the markings.

Also look to see if you can access the camera's command line interface and do some sort of command to have it tell you want sort of hardware it thinks it is.
( older cameras some have been able to telnet into )
Oh right, thanks! Q-See QNC7006B is the original model number.

I can telnet to this camera. Do you know where I should look for the model number?

~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 218.72
Features : swp half fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : hi3518
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suggest that you download the Dahua ConfigTool app, connect your camera to your network, and run a scan. If ConfigTool recognizes the Q-See as a Dahua camera, it will tell you the camera model number. If it doesn't recognize it, then I doubt there's any firmware available that would work on it.
Thanks, the Dahua config tool just says:

Type: IPC
Model: IP Camera

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found this in /proc/dahua/bootpara

HWID:IPC-HDW1100S:01:02:04:1D:0E:00:01:00:00:00:00:190:00:00:02:00:00:00:00:00:80

Weird, the Dahua IPC-HDW1100S looks pretty different, but I suppose it could be the same board inside. Any thoughts?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Found this in /proc/dahua/bootpara

HWID:IPC-HDW1100S:01:02:04:1D:0E:00:01:00:00:00:00:190:00:00:02:00:00:00:00:00:80

Weird, the Dahua IPC-HDW1100S looks pretty different, but I suppose it could be the same board inside. Any thoughts?
Hi Puppy,

Is your camera a 720p camera like the IPC-HDW1100S ?

also does it have the same IR ring around the lens?

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine has a slightly larger array of IR diodes. I'm hoping the main board is the same. Where is the best place to find the latest firmware for the IPC-HDW1100S?

Reaction score
I think @mat200 is right. There are only a limited number of Dahua 720p cameras that could be a candidate. If you're willing to gamble, you could try the firmware for the HDW1100S and see what happens. There's a risk you might brick it, but you're dealing with a camera that is probably worth only $30 nowadays.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think @mat200 is right. There are only a limited number of Dahua 720p cameras that could be a candidate. If you're willing to gamble, you could try the firmware for the HDW1100S and see what happens. There's a risk you might brick it, but you're dealing with a camera that is probably worth only $30 nowadays.
Yeah, thanks, totally willing to take a gamble! I'm not so worried about the value but would prefer not to brick it with the the 110 degree heat indexes we've been having in Austin. If I do, I'll replace it when it cools down.

I did a quick search but didn't turn up a good way to find firmware files. Any suggestions?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - dahua usa site has some firmware available for different cameras to download...

I didn't see your exact model on a quick glance, however I would look closer and see if you can find it.

USA/IPCamera/ - Dahua Wiki

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You might want to contact @EMPIRETECANDY and see if he can assist. Andy sells Dahua cameras to many people on this board, and might know where the firmware can be found, if it still exists.
hmmm, not easy to know what exactly model for dahua. So better to ask Q-See to send you the firmware for updating. Not upgrade dahua ones, easy dead if use the wrong firmware.

puppyfrog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmmm, not easy to know what exactly model for dahua. So better to ask Q-See to send you the firmware for updating. Not upgrade dahua ones, easy dead if use the wrong firmware.
Q-See only sold this model for a little while then stopped supporting it so I'm willing to risk it. Is the info in proc/dahua/bootpara not usually reliable? Thanks!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Oh, but seems the cam not made by dahua. Q-see as I know they have many supplier in China, not only dahua. Cheap models they use normal suppliers. But you can try if you willing to.if not work buy a new one again. Not sure why US local company still don’t do warranty?

Reaction score
The internal file in the camera says it's an HDW1100S. @puppyfrog is willing to gamble and try the firmware. Q-See no longer supports the camera, so he has nothing to lose.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The internal file in the camera says it's an HDW1100S. @puppyfrog is willing to gamble and try the firmware. Q-See no longer supports the camera, so he has nothing to lose.
After a little searching, look like the last firmware was in either 2013 or 2014. Search on dahuas international site in the discontinued cam section.