Help me find the perfect computer....

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for my needs/setup

It's seems that I'm pushing the limits on my JETWAY HBJC600C99-52W-BW with my 2 2032 Hik's (soon to be 4). Here are my needs: (Will be running D2D)

1) VERY Efficient- Electricity cost is fairly high here, (.91 per Kwh x 47.0123% for distribution and welfare giveaways.) The above machine is pulling around 38watts CONSTANTLY.
2) Small form factor. My space is very small but the real tight dimension is the width.
3) My price limit is ~500.00

Thank you in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ServiceXp 38w is actually very low...you will still need a new machine for 4 hikvisions though...unless you use hikvisions ivms- which should run on the atom just fine.
The Hp elitedesks are great systems..they draw about 12w at idle but will easily jump to 30-40w with 4 hiks and blue iris...
Where do you live? Are you saying that you pay 91 cents a kwh? that cannot be right... what is the actual cost per kwh for delivery and supply?

email the sellers to get the serial numbers...most have at least 2 years left on next business day warranties..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteDesk-800-G1-Core-i5-4570S-2-9-GHz-4-GB-320-GB-/301525704808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4634552068
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteDesk-800-G1-USDT-1-x-Core-i5-4570-2-9-GHz-RAM-4-GB-HDD-320-GB-/251823149508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa1d451c4

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Being new at this, I'll have to find out what ivms is and how that works in BI :sad2:

OK, I was thinking that when recording was not taking place I could get down below 15w with a newer machine, but that doesn't sounds correct? So as long as BI is running it's going to draw ~35?

Sorry about that, you are correct it's .091 per kwh (those pesky zero's). I live in MD, the home of the RAIN TAX, so there are quite a few add on taxes for services. When the tax isn't enough, we just tax the tax... :mad-new: Why? because they can..

Example: Last month actual cost for electricity (only the electrons :) ) was ~120.00, the "distribution" cost for that energy was ~70.00.

Oh and what do you think about one of the i5 BRIX computers??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ivms, is hikvisions own software, it doesnt work with blue iris..only with hikvisions cams but requires very little cpu power.
Marylands rates are actually not as high as many other states..there are some fixed costs regardless of how much power you use...you need to calculate the supply plus distribution and taxes..but its most likely about 15c a kwh there...so your yearly cost is about 50 dollars for that machine...
Brix machines use laptop U processors that are not nearly as powerful as the S model in the elitedesk.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman I picked up one of the computers you linked to.. Thanks for that... Do you know what kind of RAM that unit takes? My searches keep comming up with either SODIMM's or Standard DIMM's. Would you happen to know? The product # is E8Z25US#ABA which of course HP's site can't find....

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman I picked up one of the computers you linked to.. Thanks for that... Do you know what kind of RAM that unit takes? My searches keep comming up with either SODIMM's or Standard DIMM's. Would you happen to know? The product # is E8Z25US#ABA which of course HP's site can't find....
You got a great deal on that..how many cameras and what type do you plan on running? you probably dont need more than 4gb and might be better off running BI4 32 bit over 64
You got the USDT version according to the specsheet its
1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM;(2) SODIMM slots enablingup to 16GB, dual channelmemory support
http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/pdfs/HPEliteDeskand_EliteOne_800_G1_Datasheet.pdf

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think when everything is all said and done. 6 or 7 camera's. I saw that spec sheet, but the pictures didn't match so I wasn't so sure...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think when everything is all said and done. 6 or 7 camera's. I saw that spec sheet, but the pictures didn't match so I wasn't so sure...
you should have no issues running on 4gb and 32bit...I would not waste the money on memory...if memory is not being used its just wasted..