Help me!! Load the firmware using TFTP but no success

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using google translator
My cam DS-2CD2632F-IS manufacturing 07/2015 rode firmware 5.3.0, I have to downgrade to 5.2.5 and the camera has become in chinese language
I used MTD language hacks, and now my cam is not able to accept most any firmware.
I tried all the firmware on the forum, only a firmware seems to complete the upgrade, but the solution mtd Brick Recovery Guide does not work (FileZilla can not connect) and restarting the camera the same is not seen by SADP.
You can still load versions of the firmware using TFTP but no success.
I have the original MTD5 and 6 rows. But I have no idea how to put it back on the camera.
I also usb to ttl, I can use it for this?

P.s. ask all the information you need

bearclaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you mean by "You can still load versions of the firmware using TFTP but no success."?

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
Putty serial port.jpg
hikvision TFTP.png
I remain on this point with any firmware and do not complete the operation.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The log status suggests you are using the wrong firmware.
But the first thing to do is to replace the original mtdblocks
Start a tftp server (not the Hikvision one, use the Jounin one http://tftpd32.jounin.net/)
Have the saved mtdblocks in the same folder as tftpd32.exe
Assume they are called mtdblock5_save and mtdblock6_save

With the serial console:
tftp -g -r mtdblock5_save IP_address_of_tftp_server
cat mtdblock5_save > /dev/mtdblock5
rm mtdblock5_save
tftp -g -r mtdblock6_save IP_address_of_tftp_server
cat mtdblock6_save > /dev/mtdblock6
rm mtdblock6_save
reboot

This firmware seems to be compatible: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your PC's LAN interface is not on the network - it's running on local loopback.
127.0.0.1 is not valid a network address - it only goes to the local machine.
Are you using WiFi on the PC?

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
errore.JPG
sorry for the delay alastairstevenson, but I wanted to do many tests before writing to my failure.I'll tell you my steps:
I open the program putty, I connect to the serial port, the camera is connected with the network cable to the PC and I manually set the address 192.0.0.128.
connect 12v and inside putty I press Ctrl + u, after writing the command line that you suggested me but without success, I noticed that if I set the network address 192.0.0.128 automatically look for the file digicap.DAV I added this to the folder, but the same is not transferred .... how should I do?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Your bootloader does not have the full version of tftp - what you are using there is the 'tftp command' which is different, it's purpose is to do firmware updates.
You cannot use it as a general-purpose file transfer utility.

But I'm puzzled.
I used MTD language hacks, and now my cam is not able to accept most any firmware.
How did you manage to do the original MTD hacks that you are trying to recover from?
The bootloader shown has a restricted command set, and will not allow you to access the mtdblocks to change them.
Did your camera originally have a firmware version that allowed full telnet or SSH access?

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
exact, the camera mounts and 5.3.0 with the original program Hikvision tftp server I used downgrade 5.2.5 and the Chinese language has become, then I used telnet MTD hack, with Hikvision tftp server I upgraded to 5.3.0 and complete the procedure but SADP sees in MINISYSTEM, I tried to put the 5.2.5 but never completes the whole procedure.
How can I do?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the original MTD5 and 6 rows. But I have no idea how to put it back on the camera.
If the camera boots up to min-system, you should be able to use telnet to access the full command shell if you allow it to fully boot.

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
Perfect, now I try, I upgrade to 5.3.0 then restarting the camera, the look that SADP detects minisystem and then try with putty if telnet works?

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to Telnet and SSH with putty but does not respond, what I'm doing wrong?
The only way I can communicate with the camera with USB to TTL and U-Boot, i can use the slot for miniSD to transfer files?
2632.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to Telnet and SSH with putty but does not respond, what I'm doing wrong?
Nothing wrong on your screenshots, it seems this camera does not have telnet or SSH active while in min-system mode.
What can you do using the TTL-serial when in min-system mode?
Is the 'mount' command available?

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
the mount command is not available :(
when I try to download the version 5.2.5 that used to work, he says language mismatch
5.2.5 mismatch.jpg
and the camera enters busybox mode, making help out these commands:
help busybox.jpg
if at startup I press CTRL + U on the keyboard by u-boot mode and typing help I can only execute these commands:
u-boot help.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when I try to download the version 5.2.5 that used to work, he says language mismatch
That's probably because you have done the 'MTD hack' that changes the camera language.
But you should be able to get round that error by changing the language of the digicap.dav by using the 'lang' option of the very useful 'Hiktools' here:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/2733-Hikvision-FIRMWARE-TOOLS-change-language-extract-files-and-create-own-firmware
But make sure that you keep a copy of the original digicap.dav, just change the language on a copy.

cikkin

n3wb
Reaction score
hello alastairstevenson, I read the guide, the firmware downgrade 5.2.5 was language 2 CN, so I changed to 1, now with tftpserv Hikvision the firmware is loaded successfully, but restarting the camera, it is not view from SADP..I also tried to enter with telnet before closing tftpserv and reboot the camera, but putty can not enter.. help me .... you have other ideas?